General Area in Los Angeles>Question Details

Susan, Other/Just Looking in Los Angeles, CA

I live in L.A. Which real estate agency is the best for training a new RE agent without paying monthly payment.

Asked by Susan, Los Angeles, CA Mon Jul 18, 2011

Your best bet would be to go to Keller Williams, or Coldwell Banker; they offer the most extensive, basic traning to get started, called FAST START.

I highly recommend going to a firm that has a mentoring program.

Two types of education real estate or otherwise) That Which Is Given To You and That Which You Give Yourself. Nobody can know what is best for you as an individual you will find that out by interviewing and experiencing different companies. Good Luck.
Hello Susan-

There are plenty of training out there for new agents. But, the best training is within you. You must develop that burning desire to succeed. What would you do with a Ferrari without gas or key? I hope this ignite that that drive within you.

Go for it!

Doug Perez
(323) 285-8864
Hi Susan,
I hear some KW places do, I also hear ReMax did and may still do. But I will say that if you want to learn fast you might want to start at Zip and you will be handed leads and not stranded so much.

Sometimes a smaller place without the franchised name might be your cup of tea. I think it depends on you.

I think the best thing you can do is take additional classes to get up to speed. Quickstart / GRI / CRS / ABR and the list goes on.

Harold Sharpe - Broker
So Cal Homes Realty
(951) 821-8211
California Department of Real Estate Broker License # 01312992
I have to Agree with Mia.. KW and Coldwell Banker have some of the best training programs out there. Make sure you do you negotiation first and upfront. Also, you are going to be looked as if you are worth about "3 transactions" from the beginning. Yours, your families and a close friend. Prove your worth. BE Safe
Hi Susan,

Arete Estates is a boutique agency based in Malibu, but also operating in West LA as well as other areas. Joining a boutique agency vs. a franchise can be beneficial if you want more one on one mentoring and training. The atmosphere is great and the team is young and dynamic.

Send me your resume and your number so I can call you for a chat :)

Web Reference:
Susan, Town Square Real Estate in Pasadena is a great place to consider. We conduct business all over the greater LA area. I have been an agent here for about three years and have had my license since 1998. We are a small company, but very serious about client service, quality of transactions, and training. We have very minimal fees and a fair commission structure. Please check out our website and call our Director for more info. All the info is on the website. See below.
Web Reference:
Hi Susan,

I have been in the business of selling real estate in LA Westside for the past 12 years. I started with Prudential Calif Realty, a very respectable R/E broker and I was with them for approx. 5 years. I have nothing negative to say about them, just your basic run of the mill R/E broker in LA. They fall in the same category as Coldwell Banker, Sotherby's, etc...Re/Max and Century 21 are in a different category, depending on what level real estate you intend to sell.

I have now been with Keller Williams Realty (the 4th largest in country and gaining ground every day!) for approx 7 years now and I can tell you that the training they provide for their new agents doesn't exist anywhere else! Period! If I had that kind of training when I first started, I guaranty you that my career would have sky rocketed much faster!! They simply have THE best training, and best of all, all the classes are FREE!!!!

If you would like to hear more about it, call our office manager Gary Reavis (310) 497-1011 (tell him I referred you) and I'm sure he'll be happy to talk to you, he is very easy going!