I hire contractor to replace my floor. He cashed out my check with pay $2400 / $3100.This project is work

Asked by Lu Xue, Houston, TX Mon May 12, 2008

about 1800sf of inslation of title. After 15 days worked by himseft, I ask him to finish my mom room and living room with coner round, but he refush to do so, and took him tool and leaving my house with mess....
How can you handle this issue and please advice. binhluu@hotmail.com

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Mon May 12, 2008
Contact his company, his boss, or is he self employeed. If not file a police report for theft, and file a judgement against him GOOD LUCK
Web Reference:  http://www.lynn911.com
1 vote
Bruce Lynn, Agent, Coppell, TX
Mon May 12, 2008
Call him, call his boss, remind him about the balance of the job payment you will pay to complete the work. If not you may need to take him to small claims court.
Web Reference:  http://www.teamlynn.com
1 vote
!, , Houston, TX
Sat Apr 10, 2010
try contacting him and his boss. If that doesn't work, send a certified letter with return receipt stating your complaint. Once that has been done, give the company reasonable time to respond. After no response, contact the Better Business Bureu (BBB) here in Houston to file a complaint. Also, make a complaint with the Texas State Attorney General Consumer Complaint Department. I believe the statute of limitations is 2 years. so if you haven't already done so, you have less then a month to do it. I assume that you have tried to get the company to make it right, if so you can by pass the "reasonable time" that I mentioned and go straight to the BBB and the Attorney General!

Good Luck and go get them!
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more