I have read some reports of individuals purchasing land in Horseshoe Bay from National Recreational

Asked by Tracy Farrington, Raleigh, NC Wed May 28, 2008

Properties and falling prey to one scam or another. Have you heard anything of this matter?

Answers

5
Jeffrey Schn…, Agent, Austin, TX
Wed May 28, 2008
Tracy,

Dissassociate the location from the source doing the marketing. Find a local agent near the location to help you purchase something in Horseshoe Bay. No reason to use a national marketing organization to do what a local agent can do much better.

Here's a link to an article about the group you're inquiring about:

http://www.reviewopedia.com/national-recreational-properties.htm

Jeffrey
Kathleen Her…, , Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Wed Aug 12, 2009
I purchased a lot in Horseshoe Bay from NRPI 2 years ago and was happy with the transaction. We financed for short term and paid off within 60 days. Haven't built yet but looking forward to it. Price was reasonable. But then again I'm from California.
Terri Stone-…, Agent, Marble Falls, TX
Wed Aug 13, 2008
Hi Tracy! I am a realtor and resident of Horseshoe Bay for over 18 years, and know exactly how properties were sold with NRPI. Unfortunately they closed their operations in Horseshoe Bay about 4 weeks ago. It was not a scam they flew people in and the ones that did not buy had a nice 2 night stay in a 4 star hotel in Austin Texas. They were just required to go through the presentation and showing of the Horseshoe Bay Resort, which in itself is well worth it. The complaints I’ve heard were the high interest rate , because they financed the lots with 5% down. There is going to be a few hundred lots for sale from their inventory. If you need more information on our area contact me.
Tammie Benne…, Agent, Horseshoe Bay, TX
Sun Jun 15, 2008
NRPI does sell lots in Horseshoe Bay, Tx. It brings people in in junkits and carts them around to their properties. If you are looking for property in the Horseshoe Bay area I am a local REALTOR and would be happy to help you in your search to find the right investment for you.
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Wed May 28, 2008
Hear say ... everything is appraised and goes thru a title company unconfirmed of a scam UNLESS you purchase direct from a seller / builder without an agent working on your behalf.

http://www.lynn911.com