General Area in Rochester>Question Details

Kevan, Home Owner in Santa Fe County, NM

I have applied for loan modification. It has been a long journey. Should we hire an attorney to help with this process?

Asked by Kevan, Santa Fe County, NM Thu Nov 18, 2010

Good morning Kevan,

Unless you can make your loan modification work by yourself---a process requiring tremendous patience and due dligence---then YES I strongly recommend retaining an Attorney to represent you in your Loan Modification. Beware of loan modification firms offering to work for you for a fee. Only an Attorney can collect a fee for providing legal advice (and the loan modification process is, in fact, a legal matter).

I hope that helps!

Trevor Curran
You are right and it is a long process. Be patient or go somewhere else to do it. This is not an attorney thing.
Hello Kevan ,No you do not need an attorney but there are special mortgage brokers that only deal with loan modifications. Call Rebecca Mattalone at 347-528-8997 and she will help you get through the process.