I have a good credit score above 650 but my fiancee is in the low 600 We are looking to buy a house and need to use both incomes what are our options

Asked by Jennifer Ramirez, Huntersville, NC Sat Apr 14, 2012

We can't get a loan through most banks because of his credit but we would like to get a house soon.

Answers

11
, ,
Sat Apr 14, 2012
Make sure you and your fiance' each have two or three tradelines open and active that are reporting to all 3 bureaus. Keep the balances below 30% of the limit so that your scores will be maximized.

Make sure you are working with a loan officer that can continue giving you the 'extra' guidance you need if you plan on purchasing soon.

there is a lot more to closing your loan than simply a credit score and often times low scores have other challenges. July 1 the FHA has changes to its Collections' policies so be sure you get working with a lender promptly.
Invstnlfp, Home Buyer, New York, NY
Wed Aug 24, 2016
I am state and federally licensed to write mortgages in 31 states for a top direct lender in the mortgage industry who offers conventional, FHA, VA, and USDA loans. We keep your info private not broker it out and we go down to a 550 credit score for VA and FHA loans.. Are lowest score we accept for government loans are 550 when most lenders require a 620 and brokers a 580. You have to have two years of income with a score over 550 with bankruptcies discharge date 2 years and over. We have basic guidelines and a pretty easy process. Feel free to text me or call me anytime up to 10:00pm Eastern with any questions.
Brian Young 214-797-3479
NMLS
Himanshu Bha…, Landlord, FORT WAYNE,
Tue Feb 26, 2013
try movement mortgage, they are the fastest growing mortgage lender in US , and are based in charlotte
Daniel Fisher, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Thu Feb 21, 2013
Good afternoon, Jenni:
Are you still in the market? If so, while minimum credit score requirements have risen at many lenders, we still can find financing at 600+ middle credit if you meet the criteria in the Trulia Blog "I have bad credit and no savings. Can I get a home or am I stuck renting?" http://goo.gl/5RG3w If you are under 600 middle FICO, here are ten tips for improving your credit: http://www.trulia.com/blog/dfisher/2011/08/ten_tips_for_repa… If you appreciate this answer, please give it a "thumbs up", or if this was the most helpful answer, please say thanks with a "best answer" click .
Daniel Fisher, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Wed Apr 25, 2012
God evening, Jenni:
To see if you might qualify, you should read this Trulia Blog Can I get a Home or Am I Stuck Renting?
If you meet that criterion, you can probably get a loan. I would with a lot of first time home buyers and help many with your scores to find financing and purchase a home on terns that work just right for them. If you have a full time agent with a Masters degree in Planning with Finance and over two decades of experience, working for you, you will likely do better in negotiations. I'd be pleased to provide that service. ... if you appreciate this answer, please give it a "thumbs up", or if this was the most helpful answer, please say thanks with a "best answer" click .
John Siddons…, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Mon Apr 16, 2012
I have a lender that can get you a loan, please contact me directly.

John Siddons
John.Siddons@prucarolinas.com
http://www.johnsiddons.com
http://www.searchcharlotte.com
704-458-1843
dave, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Sun Apr 15, 2012
Jenni,

based on what you are saying you can qualify for a mortgage. Lenders vary on what they will accept as a minimum credit score. Some want the score to be 640, others 620. I have a lender I utilize that as long as the middle score is at least a 600 you can qualify for a mortgage based on your credit score.

There are other variables in play as well...Feel free to give hime a call at 704-771-3954. His name is Chris Ayer.
Web Reference:  http://www.davedicecco.com
, ,
Sat Apr 14, 2012
Jenni,

We have an FHA program that allows for credit scores down to 580. Feel free to call me at 704-763--9728.
Martin E. Br…, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Sat Apr 14, 2012
I have a great idea. Please call my assistant at 704-394-6609 and schedule an appointment to come into the office so we can talk privately. I am sure you have other concerns and questions. All it takes is about 30 minutes of your time.  

704-394-6609
Chris Cunnin…, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Sat Apr 14, 2012
Hello Jenni, low 600's are not far away. I have some ideas to help you get the final push you need. Call me at your earliest convenience and we can discuss.

Chris Cunningham
704-241-5103
Helen Honeyc…, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Sat Apr 14, 2012
Hi Jenni,

you need some advice from a credit repair expert. They will be able to advise you on what to do to fix the situation. Most mortgage companies will offer this service, there are also some independent advisers. If you need my help with getting someone to help you and look at your options feel free to give me a call,

Helen