I have a friend who is considering leasing a building on Larchmere to put in a pizza place and a cell phone

Asked by Ann Carpenter, Middleburg Ht., OH Mon Jun 30, 2008

business. Do you think $2000.00 per month is too much rent? Thanks in advance. Ann amen51@att.net

Answers

5
nvbc, Home Buyer, 11690
Mon Jun 30, 2008
Ann,
The larchmere area is growing and quite unique...great area! You did not indicate aquare footage in your request. If your friend is talking about a whole building for $2000....I would say it is resonable. What is the zoning on this building? There are some residential buildings in the area too.
Hope ths helps.
Callie SInkinson
http://www.CalliesMarket.com
C clark, , 43147
Mon Jun 30, 2008
There are many factors when dealing with commercial leases. What type of lease is it(is it a triple net lease...cam charges, taxes, insurance billed separate) etc? Square Footage? Length of lease? Renewal Options? Is there a deposit or is the landlord carrying some remodeling? I am not in that part of town, but I do strongly suggest speaking to a professional in the area if your friend doesn't have much experience in this area.
Robert Zimmer, Agent, Cleveland, OH
Wed May 16, 2012
Larchmere is a great area and has a strong history of success. I opened my first business on Larchmere in 1972' it was called woodland back then. I was told it was a changing neighborhood, well ... All neighborhoods are changing. I still own property on Larchmere and it is a great place to be. I would highly recommend opening a business in one of Cleveland's great neighborhoods. A short walk to Shaker Square, close to the transit system, restaurants, antique stores and more. Fine Points!
Joe, Home Buyer, Cleveland, OH
Wed Jul 16, 2008
Be very careful. The area is changing and safety issues are a concern. It is a shame because Larchmere/ Shaker Square used to be such a stellar area. Spend lots of time there checking out the neighborhood before signing any lease.
Ann Carpenter, , Middleburg Ht., OH
Mon Jun 30, 2008
The building is 3500 square feet and it is a triple net lease. Does $2000 per month sound okay for Larchmere in Cleveland bordering Shaker Heights? Thank you very much.