I did not see my question posted, so I will ask again.. How foggy does it get in and around Gualala??

Asked by Seccombejl, Jackson, CA Sat May 12, 2012

Answers

2
Mark Emagin, Home Buyer, Hidden Valley Lake, CA
Wed Feb 20, 2013
Simpler answer:
Coastline Summer: Thick Fog can be frequent
1+ Mile inland Summer: Hot and sunny (depending on coastal terrain, short if mountains, more if plains)

So if you need sun, you need to go inland.
Just look at the SFGate website radar and infrared shots during summer and you can see where the fog line is.
Hanne Liisbe…, Agent, The Sea Ranch, CA
Sat May 12, 2012
There are many micro-climates in and around Gualala.....so there is no simple answer.

First, our fog season usually begins end of May to end of June and runs through about September. While others are broiling during peak of summer heat, we are usually cool.

There are offshore wind events with high pressure systems that take away our natural air conditioning, but this usually only lasts for 2 to 5 days before the cool and fog returns.

We can and do have fog other times of the year as well, but not excessively so.

For those usually foggy days in summer, here is what many times will happen: wake up to fog in morning which will burn back to the immediate coast by noontime. Fog may linger there most the rest of the day or it may burn back to a couple miles offshore. Then, about 11 p.m. or so, the fog creeps back in to start the cycle over. This is common, but there are many exceptions as well.
Dan - I think this is a very well thought out answer that describes in simple terms a a complex situation. While my grandchildren were here for two weeks this summer every day had some sun and some fog. They did not want to leave to go back to Florida.
Flag Fri Aug 8, 2014
Wow, that's a complex answer.
I think people looking for homes in your area are interested in rough gauges to understand if there are any pitfalls.
It's no secret that if you live along the coast, summers are not exactly warm. We all head up to hot spots and go inland. Maybe there are microclimates, but marine layers are large and when the fog rolls in there are no mountains to stop it except in a few spots.
Flag Thu Jun 5, 2014