I currently lease an office in a small strip of seven units. The owner lives out of state and would like to

Asked by John, Oklahoma Mon Nov 26, 2007

hire me as the Onsite Lease Coordinator.
Do I need a license to do this in Oklahoma? The OK Real Estate Commission seem to say I do not as long as I do not negotiate a lease.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Anthony Clark, Agent, Fayetteville, AR
Wed Nov 28, 2007
Unless you are the owner of the property you should obtain a real estate license. I think "negotiating" the lease and performing the functions of a leasing "coordinator" could be easily confused - especially in Oklahoma courts if a tenant should ever sue you. Worst case scenario is you spend a couple hundred bucks in exchange for some knowledge.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more