I am thinking of buying a home in the Cedar Forks subdivision. Can anyone tell me about this neighborhood?

Asked by Maggie, Marietta, GA Sat Aug 30, 2008

I am just wondering if this is a good investment or not. Are the homes in this neighborhood a good investment? I only plan to keep the home for a few years. I plan to liv in it, fix it up and sell it for a profit. Is the neighborhood stable? Any advice would be much apreciated. Thanks!

Answers

2
Warren Owen, Agent, Marietta, GA
Sat Aug 30, 2008
Dear Maggie,
Cedar Forks is a very stable neighborhood in a desirable area of East Cobb. Even though the homes in the neighborhood are about 30 years old, the fact that it is in the Pope High School district and its affordable prices for East Cobb make it an excellent area for investment opportunity. This is a relatively large community with an active homeowner's association and nice recreational amenties, including a wintertime covered pool for swim teams.
Please allow us to email you complete information about Cedar Forks including available homes in the neighborhood.
Karen and Warren Owen
RE/MAX Communities
770-722-0099
WarrenOwen@remax.net
KarenOwen@remax.net
Hank Miller, Agent, Alpharetta, GA
Mon Sep 1, 2008
Hi Maggie,

Cedar Forks is an older (25-35 yrs) neighborhood where you'll find primarily cedar sided multi level homes - many are contemporary in nature. Prices average about 180+- over the last two years and there have been distressed homes sold in here, one is presently pending and one is currently for sale. There are also a few rental homes in here as the price point and location make it an attractive investor development.

The community benefits from excellent schools and the conveniences found in the immediate area. As with anywhere, yuou must buy right and estimate the repairs accurately or you will twist in the wind. If you do that, this is a good 5-7 year bet, but don't expect any tremendous return as these homes have a slow but steady appreciation.

My office is right on Roswell Road, I know the area very well.

Hank Miller, SRA, ABR
Associate Broker - Certified Appraiser
REMAX Greater Atlanta
678-428-8276
http://www.hankmillerteam.com