I am relocating to the Poconos and will be working at the Hospital. Where is the best area for a large family, best schools?

Asked by Shannon Wilson, Pocono Lake, PA Wed Jan 4, 2012

I would like street names, and areas with large yards and open areas or near public park area as well.

Answers

10
David V Merk…, , Stroudsburg, PA
Wed Aug 1, 2012
Ms. Wilson

Presume you are speaking of Pocono Medical Center. Your school choices would probably be either East Stroudsburg or Stroudsburg. Both have good reputations.

Our office has several homes that might be ideal for you and your family, including my personal residence which was recently listed at $264,900. It is part of Olde Mill Run and is convenient to everything, including the hospital, shopping and public recreational areas. It is literally around the corner from the three school campus on Chipperfield Drive (Stroudsburg). The MLS # is 12-5906

If interested, I would be happy to send you information on this and several other possibilities. My email is dvmerklin@yahoo.com.

Good Luck

Dave Merklin
McKeown Real Estate
Elizabeth…, Agent, Tannersville, PA
Sun Jul 22, 2012
If your still looking for the perfect home. I am hosting an open house on Saturday August 4th
503 Norton Road Stroudsburg. Stop by for Food and beverages.
I am having a raffle for a gas card.
Madelyn Dorn…, Home Owner, Stroudsburg, PA
Sun Jul 22, 2012
Hi There,

If you are still looking I can offer some assistance. Having lived and worked in the Pocono area for the last 27 years I feel I have a vested and objective opinion. My home is presently for sale and is located in one of the oldest "high end" neighborhoods in the Pocono Mountains. The map on this site does not give the true location // it is right by "Quiet Valley Living Historical Farm".

It is the best of all worlds because you are secluded but yet in the middle of everything with just a 5 minute drive. Utilizing back roads gets you everywhere without the tourist traffic.

Please fell free to contact me if you need any additional information.

Madelyn
Ray, Home Buyer, East Stroudsburg, PA
Fri Mar 2, 2012
I live in Blue Mountain Lake Estates, minutes from the hospital. probably about 5 miles. nice homes, lake, pool basketball courts, tennis courts, good schools.....but then again i just live here, i not a real estate agent.
Elizabeth…, Agent, Tannersville, PA
Fri Jan 27, 2012
If your still searching for the perfect home. I am hosting a open house in Bartonsville on Saturday
1/28 12 noon till 2 pm
Stop by have some lunch and chat about the area.
Even a chance to win a gas card.

Elizabeth G. Schwarz, Realtor lic# RS313691
Weichert Realtors Acclaim lic# RB065120
2920 Rte 611 RR 1 Box 514 Tannersville, PA 18372
Office 570-629-6100 Fax 570-629-6101 Direct 917-846-3020
Direct Fax 800-366-7429
Email: lizschwarz@weichertacclaim.com
Thomas R Wil…, Agent, Stroudsburg, PA
Thu Jan 5, 2012
Welcome to the Pocono Mts. I am a paid Consultant for Pocono Medical and we would be pleased to forward you information on all the school districts, we are familar with all of them. Sometimes you need to stay a certain distance from the Hospital, is that the case here. l would ask you contact Christine Scrofano Sen VP of Better Homes and Gardens @ cscrofano@wilkins1.com or 570-977-8677 her cell number.

Make sure you tell her we spoke.
Web Reference:  http://wilkins1.com/
Dani Meisse…, Agent, Sciota, PA
Wed Jan 4, 2012

I agree that what one person likes or dislikes varies from person to person. Which hospital will you be working? Pocono or another in the area? There are some great websites to find out about schools, stats, etc. We have them all listed on our website. Take a look, we have tons of information about purchasing a home too. Let me know how I can help you.
Meagan Lahey, Agent, Stroudsburg, PA
Wed Jan 4, 2012
Hi Shannon~
Welcome to the Poconos! Depending on your preference, you could live in-town, in a community with pay for amenities, a development with no amenities and township maintained roads or live in a rural area. School districts closest to the hospital are East Stroudsburg and Stroudsburg. There is also a private school, Notre Dame which is located in East Stroudsburg close to East Stroudsburg University. West of the hospital in the Tannersville/Reeders area would also be a nice choice - close to shopping, services, schools (Pocono Mountain School District -Tannersville and Swiftwater campuses), major roads, and parks. Shannon, I would be happy to help you discover the right answers for you and your family! I can be reached at 570-213-4091!
Web Reference:  http://www.MeaganLahey.com
Lynn Ydoyaga, Agent, gouldsboro, PA
Wed Jan 4, 2012
I live in Gouldsboro & find I have the best of 2 worlds. 15 min from the heart of the Poconos & 20 min to the city of Scranton. Although it is a rural community it is only 20 to 25 min from Pocono Medical Center.
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Wed Jan 4, 2012
For school information see link http://www.greatschools.org/ As for best area, keep in mind that best is subjective, what may be good for one is not necessarily the case for another. Best should really be dictated by personal preferences, finances, wants, needs, lifestyle, etc.; therefore to take the time and visit neighborhoods of interest more than once, and explore all that an area has to offer firsthand.