I am relocating to the Boston area in 3 weeks with my dog and need to find a one bedroom or shared apartment for under $800. What are my options?

Asked by Amyrenee1598, Chicago, IL Mon Sep 30, 2013

Answers

4
Matthew, , Boston, MA
Wed Oct 2, 2013
Hi Amy,
This is Matthew with Goodrich Residential. I am happy to assist you in looking for an apartment. Are you looking for a room in an apartment, or looking for your own? When are you moving to the area?

Matthew D. Watstein
Sales/Leasing Agent
Goodrich Residential, LLC
http://www.goodrichresidential.com
Office number - 617.264.0101
Cell number - 617.548.5550
Fax number - 617.849.5818
James Furlong, Agent, Brookline, MA
Mon Sep 30, 2013
Roommates.com or roomster.com or easyroommate.com are all good possbilities
Sarah Goulart…, Agent, Plymouth, MA
Mon Sep 30, 2013
I would agree with Melanie, I think if you are looking for a roomate situation, Craigslist is a good start.

Might I also suggest, if you have contacts in the Boston area, that you let everyone you know aware of what you are looking for. Facebook can be a great way to get the word out. You never know when someone 'knows someone who knows someone' so to speak. Always better to have some sort of connection. Also, friendly safety reminder to do background checks on any potential roomate.
Melanie Coll…, Agent, Boston, MA
Mon Sep 30, 2013
I think Craigslist and various roomates sites are your best option ... I would definitely start there ... Good luck!