I am moving to N. Raleigh within the next 2 months. What are the costs of gas/electric/phone/cable/internet?

Asked by Raleighbound, North Raleigh, Raleigh, NC Thu May 19, 2011

Answers

8
My NC Homes…, Agent, Chapel Hill, NC
Sat May 21, 2011
Gas is about 3.87 a gallon.

There no way to really give you an answer on the rest, of your utility items other than to say the rates are the same in Raleigh as they are in most parts of the country. You can get bundles of Internet?Phone/Cable from Time Warner for $99 a month. You can get Cable/Internet from about $79
Without knowing what size unit, how old, how modern then heating and cooling systems are and how you use your utilities it's impossible to really give you an idea.

I doubt you'll find them significantly different from whatever your paying now.
John Nethert…, , Raleigh, NC
Fri May 20, 2011
I can get you all the utility costs for any specific house in which you have an interest. The newer the home, generally, the lower the overall utility costs for gas, electric and water and sewer. If the house is Energy Star Rated, you will be saving lots of money over time! Please call me at 919-434-7308. My website is http://www.ziprealty.com/agent/jnetherton

I look forward to assisting you!

John
Alicia Cadet, , Raleigh, NC
Fri May 20, 2011
You can go to the Time Warner Cable website and check out the cost of phone/cable/internet http://www.twcnc.com. If you call them as well they will put together a package for you. There is also DISH and Direct TV AT&T and several other providers. Your gas and electric will vary depending of the size of the home and how often you use them. Hope this helps.
Mark Pelshak, Agent, Morrisville, NC
Thu May 19, 2011
Where at in N. Raleigh specifically are you moving? I have a few clients out in N. Raleigh and could ask them if you want a more realistic figure.
Jackie Allui…, , Raleigh, NC
Thu May 19, 2011
It's hard to say. It depends on what size house and how efficient the units are. Natural Gas versus Electric heat,etc.. Time Warner cable runs about $104 for basic cable and internet. You can contact them to see what specials they may have. Once you begin your search for a home we can ask the seller how much utilities run. Give me a call if you have any other questions. 919-624-1631. Jackie
Brenda, , Raleigh, NC
Thu May 19, 2011
This will depend on the home you choose to buy. Some homes are much more energy efficient than others. It is a good idea to get this information from the present home owner.

With that being said there is general information out there by way of the internet: http://www.connectutilities.com/wf/ will allow you to locate and connect to a utility company; compare and order cable, broadband, phone, newspaper subscriptions, home security and other home services.

To find a home in North Raleigh, please contact me at a toll free number 1-800-225-5947 ext. 8554.

Brenda Porter
Venita Peyton, Agent, Raleigh, NC
Thu May 19, 2011
Probably about the same you're paying now.
Bo Bromhal, Agent, Raleigh, NC
Thu May 19, 2011
It's impossible to be specific of course without knowing what size home you'll be in. However - anecdotally from others who have moved here - our utility costs are not out of line. You can certainly get the phone/cable/internet via Time Warner Cable for ~$130/mo.