I am looking to purchase a lot in the Fairmount neighborhood in order to build a home. Not many lots are

Asked by Laurie, Fort Worth, TX Mon Feb 23, 2009

listed for sale and many look to be owned by the city of Fort Worth. Does anyone have pointers on buying land from the city? Any other pointers on buying land in this area would also be appreciated.

Answers

3
DiAnne Arnet…, Agent, Benbrook, TX
Mon Feb 23, 2009
Hi Laurie,
I am a Westside native and to purchase a lot in Fairmount usually means purchasing a home to tear down.
There are a few that might be in that catagory. If you want more information I would be happy to talk with you.

DiAnne Arnette, REALTOR
KELLER-WILLIAMS REALTY
S. HULEN OFFICE
Web Reference:  http://www.diannearnette.com
Barbara Young, Agent, Fort Worth, TX
Mon Feb 23, 2009
I looked at the available lots, I did not see any in the Fairmount Addition. There are some homes that are priced pretty much for the lot alone, that might be a way to go. Please contact me if you would like more information or a current list of available properties. There are many restrictions in regards to building/ remodeling.
Thank you!
Jon Sutton, Agent, Dallas, TX
Mon Feb 23, 2009
You are right there is not much on the market. I have run a search on the MLS for this area and only came up with about 3 lots. If you would like I can set you up a personal website that will allow you to see what is on the market. It will also update you of newly listed lots and changes, such as price, to existing ones. Please email me exactly what you are looking for and I will send you a link to the website. Thank you.

Jon Sutton
Synergy Realty
jon@synergyrealtors.com
817 793 2367