I am looking to move to the Miami area, just a little background, 30 years old, single, no kids, I work remotely and need suggestions on areas.

Asked by Chivon, Southfield, MI Mon Aug 18, 2014

Answers

13
Ana Jerez, Agent, Miami, FL
Wed Jan 28, 2015
Hello Chivo,

I am glad you are moving to Miami, for me this is the best place to live, the weather is great and there are many things to do.
You are asking for suggestions and I can recommend the Brickell, Coconut Grove, Miami Beach area just to mention a few, but I believe that it will be best if we can show you those areas and what is available for you to have a feeling and see which one to you like better. Please let me know when will be the best time for us to meet, my number is 305-519-0969.

Ana Karina Jerez
Avanti Way
305-519-0969
http://www.thejerezgroup.com
George Moskos, Agent, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Mon Oct 13, 2014
Miami has a lot of great areas to choose from. Based on the fact that you are young, single, with no kids, I would suggest either South Beach, or the Downtown/Brickell area. Everyone that I know, who is in the same situation as you wants to live there. If you have any questions, you can call or text me anytime.

George Moskos
786 663 7650
EWM Realty International
Denice Copel…, Agent, Naples, FL
Fri Sep 19, 2014
Hi Chivon!

While nothing can replace being here personally, I realize this convenience is not always possible. First of all, find a trusted Realtor or a good friend that is willing to put in the extra effort to view properties on your behalf. Next, there are so many apps and platforms that enable file and video sharing, having your local Realtor/friend do a few "virtual viewings" beforehand will make your time spent in Miami previewing properties, and ultimately deciding on where to live, much more efficient!

... and while Miami itself is a vibrant and lively city with many distinct neighborhoods, many of the 30+ nearby towns get mistakenly grouped under "Miami". Like any major metropolitan area, the neighborhoods and towns are quite diverse and the best person to determine what is right for you, is yourself! So, here are just a few highlights to help guide you around the greater Miami area:

CORAL GABLES
Located to Miami’s southwest, "The Gables" was developed during the 1920s by George Edward Merrick in the Mediterranean Revival Style of architecture. Tourists come to visit the 140+ restaurants, as well as local landmarks such as the Venetian Pool, the Biltmore Hotel, Miracle Mile, DeSoto Fountain, Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden, John C. Gifford Arboretum. The city is perhaps best known as the location of the University of Miami. Homes sales in the area average $306,000 (1BR) to $1,186,000 (3BR) and rent for $2,100 (1BR) to $4,700 (3BR)

SUNNY ISLES
Sunny Isles Beach is located on a barrier island to the northeast of Miami. Sunny Isles is a center of cultural diversity, with a plethora of diverse stores along Collins Avenue. The city is referred to as "Little Moscow" due to its many Russian and Russian-descended residents. It is a booming resort and high-rise condominium area, and is an ideally central location, only minutes from downtown Miami or to the nightlife on Miami Beach (South Beach). Homes sales in the area average $537,800 (1BR) to $2,050,400 (3BR) and rent for $3,500 (1BR) to $7,600 (3BR).

AVENTURA
Aventura is my favorite area and is a planned, suburban Miami city located in northeastern Miami. This affluent community is comprised of the well known mall (Aventura Mall) and many condominium developments. It is close to the beaches as well as the entertainment offered by both Fort Lauderdale and Miami. Homes sales in the area average $282,000 (1BR) to $787,000 (3BR) and rent for $1,800 (1BR) to $4,200 (3BR).

MIAMI BEACH
Miami Beach was incorporated in 1915, and is located on a barrier island between Biscayne Bay and the Atlantic Ocean. The city is often referred to under the umbrella term of "Miami," despite being a distinct municipality. Miami Beach has been one of America's pre-eminent beach resorts for almost a century. The great boom of the 1920’s brought enormous growth from northeast investors that built many small hotels along lower Collins Avenue and Ocean Drive, which has become the famous Art Deco District; known the world over as "South Beach" or "SoBe." Homes sales in the area average $515,000 (1BR) to $3,400,000 (3BR) and rent for $2,600 (1BR) to $8,800 (3BR).

SOUTH OF FIFTH
The South of Fifth (SoFi) area within Miami Beach has become one of the most popular addresses in South Florida. SoFi real estate is upscale, exclusive, and set apart from the denser, tourist-clogged section of South Beach north of Fifth Street. Homes sales in the area average $1,100,000 (1BR) to $3,600,000 (3BR) and rent for $3,400 (1BR) to $8,000 (3BR).

BRICKELL
Brickell (pronounced "BRICK-uhl") is a dense, high-rise residential neighborhood with many upscale, luxury condominium and apartment towers. Referred to as the "Manhattan of the South", Brickell is home to the largest concentration of international banks in the U.S. Mary Brickell Village is located at the center of the area, and is designed in a particularly French style. This area is home to a number of exclusive restaurants, retail stores, and boutiques. Brickell is north of Coconut Grove, south of Downtown Miami, west of South Beach, and east of Little Havana. Homes sales in the area average $356,000 (1BR) to $1,280,000 (3BR) and rent for $2,100 (1BR) to $5,800 (3BR).

I hope this info was helpful! If you have any other questions about the area, I would be more than happy to help you any way I can!

Denice Copeland
(305) 905-9755
denicecopeland@me.com
Andre Shambl…, Agent, Miami, FL
Fri Sep 19, 2014
Check out homefacts.com. This should get you going. Also you can learn more about Miami and surrounding neighborhoods at the website reference listed below. Email or call if you have further question. Welcome to Miami!

The Condo Shop
Decorus Realty
16850 Collins Avenue, Suite 105
Sunny Isles Beach, FL 33160
T: 786.704.8482
http://www.TheCondoShopMiami.com
Web Reference:  http://thecondoshopmiami.com
Dev Smith, Agent, Crescent Beach, FL
Tue Sep 16, 2014
Contact REIprofessor team at 904-321-9098 or via our via our site reiprofessor.com and we'll assist you with your needs in no time.

Jim
Adria Cejas, Agent, Miramar, FL
Mon Sep 15, 2014
Hi Chivon,
There's so many great places to move into, one of my favorite areas is the Downtown Dadeland area. It's a suburb of Miami and it offers affordable housing that is in the center of pretty much everything, the beach is about a 45 minute drive away.

If you want a spot closer to Miami's nightlife, there are several one-bedroom apartments under the 200s available near Ocean Drive by the Art Deco in Miami Beach, within walking distance of the water and the nightlife. Everything you'd need in that area is within walking distance, most restaurants are open 24/7. There's also a Run Club down there which is really neat, if you're into running it'd be a great way to meet people in the city and network.

I suggest you do some research on areas that interest you and spend a couple of days here and view some properties for yourself. If you need any help with viewing any places, just let me know and I can set up an appointment to show you a couple of properties whenever you're in the area. There are a variety of options in many locations here for a myriad of people and budgets. Moving to a new city can be quite overwhelming, if you need help or advice feel free to contact me at any time.

Adria Cejas
First Service Realty
(786)370-7329
adria.cejas@gmail.com
Stephanie Le…, Agent, Miami Lakes, FL
Sat Sep 13, 2014
Hi Chivon,

Miami is a very big city with many diverse areas. It will really depend on you housing budget and what type of location you are looking for.. Rents vary. If you are looking for an ocean view be prepared to pay $$$$$.

Feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss your move in detail.
Ana Maria Ay…, Agent, Miami, FL
Fri Sep 12, 2014
Hi Chivon,

I suggest the best area for you based in your background is Brickell, Downtown or Midtown area, but first I will need to know your budget to see if is the right place for you.

Call me anytime so I can have more information about you and then I can help you in your home search.

Kind Regards,

Ana Maria Ayala
Weichert Realtors Best Beach
786.285.6578
aayala@bestbeach.net
Gloria, Home Seller, Miami, FL
Tue Sep 2, 2014
Hu Mr. Chivon

I read your question in Trulia. And I am a Licensed Realtor in Miami Florida.

And I was born and raised here in Miami. And if I can be assistance to you regarding helping you find the

right home for rental or purchase. I am here to help you since I know the city of Miami very good.

If you need assistance or any help. Do not hesitate to call me at 786-247-7039 Gloria Godales

License Realtor# 3297714 Thank you
Javier Olmedo, Agent, Miami, FL
Sat Aug 23, 2014
Hi Chivon,

Welcome to Miami.

I recently worked with someone that moved from Bellvue, MI here to Miami. This is a big change and would offer you this advice. If you could come and even stay at a hotel or visit first, that is the best case scenario. You want to make sure to take in the area neighborhoods. Miami is so big and diverse that it is difficult to describe unless you break down the neighborhoods.

I can definitely assist in your search. Feel free to call me at your convenience and we will take it from there.

Javier Olmedo
javier@olmedohomes.com
786-395-6986
Yanoska Diaz, Agent, Miami, FL
Fri Aug 22, 2014
The one and only suggestion and hope you can follow is to come down and pay us a visit. Miami is a very large diverse city, visiting before making a decision as to where you would like to reside is a MUST.
Andrea, Home Owner, Coral Gables, FL
Mon Aug 18, 2014
Definitely Brickell or Downtown Miami if you like a bit of the bar scene, easy public transit, lots of single or married without children 30 somethings. Coral Gables is a suburban area that is also nice, more family oriented but definitely single professionals as well, as well as a lot of grad student types from University of Miami. Miami Beach south of fifth would be great as well. I would recommend all of these over Aventura. I am 30 as well and have lived in Miami for 8 years.
Irina Karan, Agent, Aventura, FL
Mon Aug 18, 2014
Hello Chivon,

Welcome to Miami!

I recently helped a buyer moving here from Michigan, and he chose Aventura - which is close to all major roads and the beaches, great schools (for the future), and great infrastructure.

But, this is a very personal choice, and, once here, it would be great to drive by the areas I mentioned below - to get a real fell for each neighborhood...

A lot of young professionals like to be close to the set up of "live and play"...which brings them to Miami Downtown, Miami Beach (that includes South, Mid- and North Beaches of Miami Beach), Brickell, Midtown/Edgewater, Coral Gables and Coconut Grove. Miami Downtown, Brickell and Midtown/Edgewater are the hottest areas right now. Miami Beach is a little more relaxed, because of its proximity to the beach and it's also more touristy.

You can't go wrong with any of these areas, and they are only getting better. In many ways Miami is young and up and coming, especially with the international crowd. The final choice would depend on how much money you'd like to spend on your rent or purchase. The summer market here is especially great for getting a deal, so it's a great time to move here right now.

Hope this helps,

Irina Karan
IrinaKaran@gmail.com
Beachfront Realty, Inc.
Hi Chivon,

Feel free to contact me @ 786-405-2646 I am a realtor associate with The Keyes Co. here in Miami. I work with individuals who relocate to our Magic City all the time and have first hand knowledge of all of our sorrounding areas. Hope to hear from you soon.
Flag Sun Sep 21, 2014