I am looking to move to the Greenville, SC area. I am recently married and looking for a nice area to start

Asked by Lucas Piepkow, Westlake, OH Wed May 28, 2008

a family in a friendly community. We would be looking to buy a home within the 150K-200K homes. Any advice would be great! We are both in our late 20's have a golden retriever so a yard or a close proximety to a park would be great. Any other thoughts on the area are welcome as well.

Answers

27
A, , Powdersville SC.
Wed Oct 1, 2008
I am a homeowner in Powdersville SC. This area is growing rapidly and is convenient to everything. It is 10 minutes from downtown, Reedy River Falls and CLeveland Park. Only 5 minutes from the I85 toll road and Interstate 85. 2 hours from Atlanta, 2 hours from Charlotte etc. Unlike Simpsonville you can own a sizeable home and actually have a decent sized yard.(not so close that you can reach out the side window of your home and hold your neighbors hand!) You actually have space between the homes (more bang for your buck). The area is welcoming, friendly and the school system (Anderson District 1) is absolutely the best. I know because my children attend these schools and though my husband works for another nearby school district we chose this area so that our kids could go to school in this district. Malls and major shopping areas are only about a 15-20 minute drive. Grocery stores and other shops are very closeby. Our community is made up of some local people native to the area as well as many transplants like myself. My neighborhood is comprised of hard working Americans who are from many different places, Virginia, Alabama, Oregon, Michigan, Ohio, Colorado, California, Canada, Florida, Georgia and various parts of South Carolina. My neighbors are great, very friendly and we all look out for each other and take care of our property and respect one another. Check out 29611 zip code and see what you find if you have not already found something.
A.Hendrix
Dave Edwards, Agent, Greenville, SC
Fri May 28, 2010
Have you made the move or are you still considering it?
Sandra Stroud, , Greenville, SC
Thu Oct 22, 2009
Lucas,
Me and my team can certainly help you find something in the Greenville, SC area that meets your criteria. Let's communicate via email. You provide just what you're looking for and I'll search using that criteria. I want to tell you about our area and a great new walking/biking trail that has become very popular. Let me help you. My and my team will work very hard for you and your wife! send an email to me at sandrastroud@kw.com if you're interested in allowing us to help you.
Dave Edwards, Agent, Greenville, SC
Thu Oct 22, 2009
Are you still considering moving to Greenville and purchasing a home?
Heritagehomes, Home Seller, Greer, SC
Wed Aug 5, 2009
We could build you a home. http://www.heritagehomesupstate.com/ we sold all our homes but we could find you a lot and build you one.We have some lots in campobello area.
Sandra Stroud, , Greenville, SC
Wed Jul 15, 2009
I just found your question dated May 28, 2008 and I'm a little late in responding, but if you haven't already determined an area here in our beautiful Greenville, SC I'd like to suggest northern Greenville County. I live in a beautiful little town called Travelers Rest. We a only 5 miles from Downtown Greenville and have such a wonderfull family environment here. I'm a Realtor and I've worked with many out-of-state clients who have discovered our area (most likely online), came for a visit and fell in love. Our "Swamp Rabbit Trail" is new and has become very popular with walkers, joggers and bicyclist. Just off the trial is "Cafe @ Williams Hardware" which has wonderful lunches and cold drinks for the people on the trail and live music on Saturday evenings. You can sit on the deck or screened porch and enjoy! Just across the street is Leopard Forest Coffee, our wonderful, unique little coffee shop where we have "Open Mic" every Tuesday for performers, whether it be singing, playing or poetry reading. Sunrift Adventures just up the street offers hikers gear and guided hikes, canoes and guided river trips, and much more outdoor clothing and gear. Every Saturday we have a Farmers Market in the field behind Sunrift Adventures. Local growers of organic produce, plants and trees are there and it's open to anyone who wants to sell, as long as they have grown the produce.

If you'd like my help in finding a home in our area I would be happy to assist you. I work with people by getting their criteria, then emailing them listings that fit. If they are interested, we arrange showings when they are in town.

My name is Sandra Stroud. I've lived in this area all of my life and love it! And I know it well! So call or email me at 864-414-1461 sandrastroud@kw.com.
Thanks! And have a great day!!!
Web Reference:  http://sandrasstroudkw.com
Dave Edwards, Agent, Greenville, SC
Mon Jul 13, 2009
Do you have any further questions about the area?
Jason Robu, , Mauldin, SC
Fri Jul 3, 2009
Hey lucas I am a local Agent , I work all areas of greenville sc, Mauldin is where I call home full of neighborhoods great schools mins from downtown and much more call me anytime and lets get started on finding your family that perfect home~

Jason Robu
78647875694
Im Also 28 and just purchased a home,
Cant wait to hear from you!
Eskisage, , Greenville, SC
Fri Jul 3, 2009
I just happened to stumble onto this web site and noticed your question. I have to say I think you are looking for my house and neighborhood. I live in Greenville but I am a stone through from Mauldin and Simpsonville. My husband and I have a big house with almost 1/2 an acre fenced in yard for your pets. I am a pet lover myself :) Our neighborhood is the best and I am not just saying that. It is so quiet and peaceful. This is the best neighborhood we ever lived in. Unfortunately we need to move. I only wish I saw this post sooner. I am not a realtor just a homeowner. I am going to put the house on the market soon for 224,000-229.999. If you are still looking let me know.
Elaine
Aris R Mendez, Agent, Greenville, SC
Mon Nov 17, 2008
Lucas,

How are you? My name is Aris and I am a Realtor here in Greenville, SC. Mauldin and/ or Simpsonville is definitely where is at, you can get a lot of home for your money. You and your wife are young and one dog, so think of it as an much deserve and future investment. Your average home is a 3 Bedroom 2.5 Bath although you wouldn't need all that space, when you'll be ready to resell within 7 yrs or so you'll target a higher arrange of buyers because your average family is mom, dad and two kids. And, that would be your great investment 3BR 2.5BA in great family oriented Mauldin or Simpsonville area homes.

I hope this was helpful? To do a self search and learn more about the areas and style of homes, go to my web site http://www.greenvilleURhome.com

Any questions please feel free to contact me. FYI, I help all my buyers with a CASH REBATE at the closing table!
Poo, , Clemson, SC
Sat Nov 8, 2008
We just opened a great new maintenance free development in Williamston, located between Greenville and Anderson, SC. We have "walkable streets" throughout the development making it a great and safe environment for children and it's in your price range. We also have miles of walking trails which your dog would love to explore. I would be happy to give you a tour anytime. Let me know if I can be of assistance.

sales@malisiawilkins.com
Web Reference:  http://malisiawilkins.com
Jason Robu, , Mauldin, SC
Mon Sep 29, 2008
I also agree downtown greenville is were its at but, why not live 3 or 4 mins down the road and get twice the house and yard for the money! Downtown offers tons of historic homes and luxary end condos, but personally if you are looking for the neighborhood feel and want to stay under 200k the best buys are down the street in mauldin, simpsonville... but thats just me!

http://www.rapidsellers.com/jrobu
Jason Robu, , Mauldin, SC
Mon Sep 29, 2008
actually mauldins new city park allows dogs and i know my dad takes our two dogs for walks in simpsonvilles park and hasnt had any problems, Im 27 and know what its like to just buy a home, I just purchased mine earlier this year. If you want to work with a laid back guy thats knows what its like to buy a home in this type of market and time of the year give me a call anytime day or night!

Jason Robu

864-787-5694
been living in Greenville for 27 yrs~!
Amy Nodine, , 29681
Mon Sep 29, 2008
I hear a lot of people telling you about the Simpsonville area which is a great area (this is where I live), but one of the most trendy areas in Greenville right now is downtown. There are a lot of great parks (including a dog park), water features, and great homes. FYI... The Mauldin and Simpsonville areas do not allow dogs in their public parks. You won't be able to get the largest home in your price range, but there are definitely options out there for you.
When you visit the area make sure to check out Falls Park (downtown) and also the Furman campus which is beautiful this time of year. Hope this information helps and if you would like to ask any more questions you may email me at amy@brilesco.com or call at 864-346-5640. Good luck on your move!

Amy J. Nodine
The Briles Company
Web Reference:  http://www.thebrilesco.com
Jason Robu, , Mauldin, SC
Mon Sep 29, 2008
check out the Mauldin planters Row area great homes in your price range with, tennis courts olympic size pool and close to everything 7 min drive to the mall or downtown Greenville,

check out my pics section on http://www.myspace.com/greenvillerealty

give me a call if you wanna take a tour or do lunch on me~

Jason 864-787-5694
JIMMIE WITHE…, , Greenville, SC
Mon Sep 22, 2008
Hello Lucas,
If you're looking for wide open spaces for your dog to run,jump,crawl,dig,swim,bark and not worry about leash rules or complaining neighbors, I would choose south Greenville, or the Simpsonville area. There are a lot of great neighborhoods and subdivisions that border undeveloped land,fields,lakes and streams where the landowners are friendly and may give you permission to exercise your dog. I have a neighbor that drives to south Greenville just to let his Lab swim in the Reedy river. Send me an e-mail and we'll begin the search for you and your pets new paradise. Thanks.
Robin Hazelw…, , Greenville, SC
Thu Jun 12, 2008
Whether you are buying or selling a home, hire someone like me, who wants to earn your business. I invite you to contact me as I'd be happy to assist you with this important transaction.

In addition, if you have any general questions about buying or selling real estate in South Carolina, please contact me as I'm more than willing to help.

Please browse my website for listings, reports and important local real estate information.

Best of luck n your house hunting. You will LOVE Greenville.

robinhazelwood-screaltor.com
mvaughn, Agent, Greer, SC
Mon Jun 9, 2008
Welcome to the area! If you have any questions about speaking with someone regarding financing we would be glad to assist you. Different states handle closing costs and charges in a different manner, so you would be wise to check around and see what people have to offer. Some states charge origination fees and discount points, and others normally do not. This way, you will know what is needed from you up front. The mortgage industry in this market is changing daily, so it is important to reserve funds up front before more changes take place.

If you have any questions, feel free to email or call me and I would be glad to help with any advice I can give you.

Matt Vaughn
864-201-2445
mvaughn@homeownersmtg.com
David, Home Buyer, 29681
Sat May 31, 2008
Check out Simpsonville area. Anything 29681 is growing!
The RYAN POAG…, , Spartanburg County, SC
Fri May 30, 2008
There are some wonderful areas of Greenville. While we are based in Spartanburg (about 20 min away) we are members of the Greenville MLS and would be happy to help you in any way. As another said, you might could get more 'house for your buck' by living a little outside Greenville. Boiling Springs is a popular growing area that is situated very close to the interstate, fact, there are several areas of Spartanburg County that would be ideal. Please give us a call. Regardless of where you move or who helps you, we welcome you to the Upstate. It's a truly wonderful place to live!
The RYAN POAG Group
Full time Buyer's Agent
RE/MAX Realty Associates
864-573-6690
Web Reference:  http://www.ryanpoag.com
Jeff Cox, Both Buyer And Seller,
Wed May 28, 2008
Hi, Just so happens I have a house for sale in Greenville, I just moved to charleston. If you like email me at jcc58@live.com for more information, or call 864-304-8060. Good luck house hunting.
Melanie Dugan, , 29621
Wed May 28, 2008
Hi Lucas,

You may want to look at other areas to get more "bang for you buck." Check out Powdersville, Pelzer, and Williamston you are only 15 minutes or less from G'ville. I live in Williamston and I am in Greenville 2-3 times a week a quick trip on I-85. Powersville is a fast up and coming area just off the Interstate.

Let me know if I can be of assistance.

Melanie Dugan- Realtor, ABR
864-940-1690
Web Reference:  http://MelanieDugan.net
Judy Nolin, Agent, Simpsonville, SC
Wed May 28, 2008
Hi Lucas,
I'm a native of Greenville. No problems with finding a wonderful home in your price range within a great neighborhood and also keep your buddy the golden retriever happy.
I'm curious as to far out from your job you would prefer. I think you and your family would really enjoy the Simpsonville area which is only approx 15 min. to Downtown Greenville. There's so much to tell you about S'ville. If you prefer some one on one with an agent that knows Greenville better than most " I've lived here a loooong time LOL), then please email me with your email address, I will begin sending info, home listings etc. to you right away. Or if you prefer, go to my personal website below. There you will find tons of info. Thanks, Judy
jnolin@cdanjoyner.com
Steve Bright, Agent, Charleston, SC
Wed May 28, 2008
Lucas,

I live and work in the Greenville area and would love to help you find your new home. You should have no problem finding a home to suit you in that price range. There are many nice parks around the county; in fact, in my opinion, the Greenville County Recreation Department (http://www.gcrd.org/) is one of the finest in the country. Give me a call at 864-363-8592 and I can discuss parks, schools and other pertinent information about the area with you.

Thanks.

Steve Bright, Realtor
864-363-8592
sbright@kw.com
http://www.stevebright.net
Web Reference:  http://www.stevebright.net
Jeremy & Jes…, , Seneca, SC
Wed May 28, 2008
Hi Lucas!
Greenville has many areas to choose from. Will you be relocating with a job that you need to be close to? How soon are you looking to make the move? Greenville has a little bit of everything...homes in the country, city living, and even subdivisions that are actual "communities" with their own grocery, retail, dr's, etc.
My husband and I work as a team in the Greenville/Upstate area and would be glad to send you some information. Please feel free to email us: jessica@jjtalleyteam.com
We look forward to hearing from you.
Web Reference:  http://www.jjtalley.com
Maureen Cody, , Charleston, SC
Wed May 28, 2008
oops! I meant Summerville is about 1/2 WEST of Charleston!
Web Reference:  http://www.screlocate.com
Maureen Cody, , Charleston, SC
Wed May 28, 2008
Where are you moving from?
Is there a reason you are moving to Greenville, a job perhaps? If you are open to other areas, you may want to consider the Summerville area, about 1/2 hr east of Charleston. You can definitely find a home in your price range. The Dorchester II schools are considered the best in the area.

If this is a possibility, let me know how I can help!

Maureen Cody
maureen@maureencody.com
843-323-1013
You can freely search the MLS for homes available in the Charleston area directly on my website:
http://WWW.SCRELOCATE.COM

I look forward to hearing from you.

Maureen