I am look at moving to So Weymouth.(Weathervane over 55) We are young "seniors" What is the good the bad and the ugly?

Asked by Swamp_yankee, Hanover, MA Thu Aug 19, 2010

Answers

3
Kara Willis, , Weymouth, MA
Sun Aug 22, 2010
Hi there. Weathervane is a well respected over 55 adult community in the area. I have clients that live there and also know many owners personally. There are many "younger senior" owners who are not retired and still very much living with a busy work schedule. Weathervane provides a good location with the benefits of not having to deal with yard up keep, snow removal, etc. but you do pay for those conveniences monthly. Weathervane seems to have held its value over the last few years. The golf course is great and the club house will be finished sometime this year. The units are well built. There is a busy social atmosphere there as with many other adult communities, so I guess if you are social this is a good thing. If you are more private and introverted, you may not like having neighbors so close. I suppose this is might be a downside to any alternative of owning a private single family dwelling. Everyone I do know loves it there, and my mother is even contemplating living there as well. I hope this was helpful.
Alisha Lawton, Agent, Boston, MA
Thu Aug 19, 2010
What is not to like about Weymouth at any age?! It was just vote one of the top places to live in Boston Magazine.Weathervane offers free standing condos that are next to a golf course, newly built, centrally located to lots of great places to eat, and entertain, and minutes to Boston or Cape Cod. No ugly that I can see. Let me know if you need further assistance.
Nancy Leo, , Weymouth, MA
Thu Aug 19, 2010
Weathervane is a nice complex. However is a little pricey -- what price range would you like to be in?