General Area in 07734>Question Details

Thomas Simmo…, Home Buyer in Shelburne Falls, MA

I am falling on love with the homes and location of this town. Does anyone have a relocation package or general info about living in Keansburg?

Asked by Thomas Simmons, Shelburne Falls, MA Sat Nov 2, 2013

Answers

4
I wouldnt move there If I were you, I lived there for 8 yrs & just moved last year. The place is a dump, alot of undesirables & alot of section 8. The school system is HORRENDOUS, do your homewrork especially if you have kids. Research the schools in the town & trust me youll think twice, everything you hear & read about Keansburg online is completely true. People & RE agents will NEVER be honest about Keansburg cause they wanna make their commission, or cause they live there & are in complete denial about their town. Trust me I am blatantly honest & dont care who likes it, I have 4 kids & was there 8 yrs.................its a sh*thole!!! Horrible schools, alot of drugs, people with mental issues & alot of individuals fresh outta jail. Do yourself a favor & look elsewhere...............
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Dec 11, 2013
how yo making out thomas, it is what it is, it is all what you meke it, no one tells you alot of great people came out of keansburg, there is opportunity all around, but i can tell you is i, could show, you one,s that realtors wont want to becausethe price, i could show you a duplex for 50,000 which every home needs some thing, but if you want to go higher , there is also many many more home,s , i am in the process of closing there myself, flattops101@yahoo.com
Flag Sat Jan 25, 2014
Actually...I have no school-aged children,, hate paying high school taxes, and prefer gritty, blue collar 'real' neighborhoods to snooty places that examine the length of your grass. Thank you - you have actually confirmed that this is a place I DO want to move to!
Flag Wed Dec 11, 2013
Actually, I have no kids, hate paying high school taxes, and prefer 'real' people to snoots...so it sounds like a gritty community that i would actually be very happy in! Thank you!
Flag Wed Dec 11, 2013
Hi, I was reading through your questions and answers, and those realtors were rude, I agree. I am trying to find something in one of the "adult communities" and find it difficult to get info too. Keansburg used to be considered pretty run down, don't know hard it got hit by the storm, but I don't think there are all the rules/regulations because it's not one of the "communities." Good luck with your search.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Nov 20, 2013
Keansburg is one of the few towns in Monmouth County that are still in a "buyer's market". Here are the statistics for Jan 1 - Oct 31, 2013:

Homes Sold: 50
Average Listing Price: $100,725
Average Selling Price: $90,996
Median Selling Price: $79,950
Listed for Sale: 74 (as of Oct 31st)
Real Estate Absorption Rate: 14.4 months (the time it would take to sell all the houses currently on the market, if houses continue to sell at the rate they have in the past year)

Email me and I'd be glad to send you general information about Keansburg,

Len

Leonard “Len” Dunikoski, GRI
REALTOR® Associate
Diane Turton Realtors – Rumson Office
8 West River Road
Rumson, NJ 07760

(732) 239-0739 (cell) (732) 530-6686 (office)

ldunikoski@dianeturton.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 3, 2013
I have a new home for sale here in Keansburg, located on a dead end street. Built 2012,height of this home is to township and Fema regulations approval.. I like this town also it reminds me of like back in the 60's and you have great views of NYC....Contact me anytime for any other questions that you may have.... I can give you the direct number. Thanks
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 2, 2013
could you please call me my phone number is 814 342 1714 could you do rent to own please call thankyou very much
Flag Sun Apr 19, 2015