I am currently a full time student interested in becoming a realtor, can being a realtor be a part time thing?

Asked by Eflor2008, Miami, FL Mon Apr 13, 2009

Answers

6
John Wirsing, Agent, Pepper Pike, OH
Thu Apr 16, 2009
Good morning!
Congratulations. The Real Estate Profession is a very challenging one. But also an extremely interesting, exciting & fun business if you enjoy variety and working with people to help them achieve their goals.
As with starting any business (And as a independent Contractor-you need to think how You want to run YOUR business), it takes time to build up your client base and systems. You'll need to be prepared fpor a lean few months. So, for that reason, many Realtors start off in the business on a part-time basis.
You will need to Pre-licensing program before you can be licensed.
You will need to choose a Broker before you are licensed.
Interview several different Real state companies before selecting where you want to start. There are some very significant differences in the philosophies of different companies.
I would be happy to sit down with you & explain what makes my company different and what type of realtors succeed the most in our culture.
Feel free to contact me if you would like to know more!
John Wirsing
Keller Williams Realty GC
440-487-2193
Christina Ca…, Agent, Washington Township, OH
Thu Apr 16, 2009
Yes, you absolutely can with the right brokerage! Feel free to contact me at anytime for a free real estate student and real estate rookie guide.

Christina Asad Edwards, Realtor
Christina.Asad@RealLiving.com
Office 937-573-0082
Cell/Text 937-205-4741
http://www.DaytonOhioHouse.com
Steve Moshol…, Agent, Tallmadge, OH
Mon Apr 13, 2009
Absolutely. If you are interested in working in the Summit County area please let me know. Our office offers a fantastic program for part time agents where you can work with a full time "mentor" agent to assist you in growing your business as much as you are interested in. Please feel free to contact me via email or cell phone and I will be happy to set up a time to discuss your options, and how to be successful as a part time agent.
Mike Hancock, , Greenville, NC
Mon Apr 13, 2009
You certainly can do it, but I must warn you it can easily become a very time consuming venture. Most people want their agent to be there right when they want them. And the phone calls if you do get busy can be hard to take if you are in class or studying. There is also the issue of Post Licensing Education ($) CE Classes ($) and yearly commission dues, that make part timers wonder if there is a balance to the money they make and the money the spend in the biz. However, this is not meant to discourage you from this lifestyle, I know agents who do really well part time and love it as well as agents who found it wasn't worth it and moved on. In the end it is up to you and the enegy you are willing to put into it.
Cindy, Home Buyer, Cuyahoga Falls, OH
Mon Apr 13, 2009
you set your own hours, so you can do what you want.
Art Hotes, Agent, Cleveland, OH
Mon Apr 13, 2009
Sure - You call your own shots. You take as much or as little business as you want!

Good luck to you! It's a great time to get into the business in my opinion!!

Art Hotes ~ RE/MAX
Web Reference:  http://ArtHotes.com