I am curious what electricity/gas(if applicable) and water cost for the Chateau at Onion Creek area

Asked by Bel, Chateau At Onion Creek, Austin, TX Mon Jun 25, 2012

Answers

3
Betina Forem…, Agent, Austin, TX
Wed Jun 27, 2012
Dear Bel,
Since the current privacy laws changed, you may no longer call a utility company to see the history of usage for a property unless you are the actual current property owner. Typically your Realtor can ask the owners Realtor for this information. It may take a fair amount of time and effort, but it is not impossible. The key is it may not matter, as the seller may not have the same usage habits that you do. I wish you luck!

Betina

Austin Home Girls Realty
1601 West 6th Street
Austin, Texas 78703
Don Groff, Agent, Austin, TX
Mon Jun 25, 2012
Hello Bel,

That information is usually not too helpful. This is because one person may use quite a bit more utilities than the next. If you keep your home at 78 degrees during the summer and your neighbor in the same floor plan keeps it at 65 degrees their bill will be several hundred dollars higher each month.

In most cases you can call the utility company. I did that for a client and they gave me the previous years utility bills just by asking. Not sure if all companies would do that or not.

Best of luck to you.

_______________________________________
Don Groff
REALTOR® | Mortgage Broker
Keller Williams Realty | 360 Lending Group
o 512.669.5599 m 512.633.4157
listings@dongroff.com | http://www.AustinListed.com
Ronald Culli…, Agent, Austin, TX
Mon Jun 25, 2012
Bel, a few years ago, the public utility commission changed the rules regarding disclosure. It now can be gotten by securing the information from bills of current owner/tenant, or by getting permission to disclose that and then going to the servicer. If you are looking to purchase or rent a property there, then your Realtor can help you request this information. Usually, it can be gotten, just takes a little bit of effort and time.