I am Just getting back from Afghanistan, and I do not know the right steps to take when buying my first home.

Asked by Ryan Hawes, Auburn, ME Tue Apr 24, 2012

Answers

9
Trisha Fletcher’s answer
Trisha Fletc…, Agent, Auburn, ME
Tue Apr 24, 2012
Welcome Back Ryan!
Before getting into the home buying process, it is very important to understand the all steps from fiancing to purchase and sale. Working with a Buyers agent will help direct you throughout the process from start to finish. Usually, when I talk with first time home buyers, I think it's important to get together and discuss ALL your options, get prequalified for a loan and then set your self up in a search for the perfect home for you.
This is all at no cost to you and no obligation. You need to feel comfrotable with the steps.
I am happy to meet you at your convenience if this is something you are interested in.
Trisha Fletcher
TEAM FLETCHER
Better Homes & Gardens~ The Masiello Group
207-754-8311 is my cell phone
trishafletcher@masiello.com
Christopher…, Agent, Tarrytown, NY
Thu May 21, 2015
Welcome home and thank you for your service! All you have to do is meet with a buyers agent that can sit down and guide you through the process. The very first step will be to get pre approved for a mortgage. If you need a referral for a reputable mortgage broker I would be happy to provide one. Once you have an idea what a bank will lend you then you can formulate a plan with your agent.

I'm thinking you will probably be getting a VA loan so your agent should be well versed in that process. Have a great day!

Christopher Pagli
Accredited Buyer Representative
Broker

BenchMark Real Estate
100 Congress St
Portland Maine 04101

914.406.9023
My MaineAgent@gmail.com
John Sullivan, Agent, Pompano, FL
Tue May 19, 2015
I'm a top producing agent in my areas with many recommendations and awards for accreditation. I also have plenty of housing options especially completely remodeled homes done through my family business at the best prices and quality wok performed from renovations to closing the deal not to mention top level advertising if you are looking to list or see what your home is currently worth. please feel free to contact me with a detailed search criteria for me to send you excactly what your looking for and assist you with finding the home of your dreams.. looking forward to assisting you.

P.S. I have an expert VA finance program and closed 2 VA homes this month as you can read in my reviews.

John Sullivan
Century 21 Advantage
207-754-9492
johnsullivan@century21-advantage.com
Janet McCart…, Agent, Auburn, WA
Tue Apr 24, 2012
Hi Ryan, I have worked with many first time home buyers and would be happy to meet with you at no cost and no obligation to answer your questions. Let me know if there is a time that is convenient for you. I can be reached on my Cell Phone 207-577-7775 or email janetmccarthy@masiello.com
Janet R McCarthy
155 Center Street
Auburn ME 04210
Better Homes and Gardens The Masiello Group
Lisa Allen, Both Buyer And Seller, Norway, ME
Tue Apr 24, 2012
Hello Ryan,

Thank you Ryan for servicing and helping to protect our country!! Job well done!! Welcome back to Maine!!

I know the twin cities and surrounding areas well. I could help you find that just right home that your looking for. I work for Maine's largest independent real estate company called The Maine Real Estate Network located on Center Street in Auburn. I understand people have many questions today when it comes to purchasing a home. I would provide you with the best honest service and professionalism that is needed to get us to the closing table. Please give me a call @207-890-2369 or by email @ lisaallen@themainerealestatenetwork.com. Look forward to meeting you!!

Lisa Allen
Brenda Goins, , Tulsa, OK
Tue Apr 24, 2012
First, I would suggest talking to a mortgage loan officer and seeing where your credit stands and what you may need to do to fix it.
Its also a great idea to get pre-approved before you even start looking. It breaks my heart to see young people looking for their first home, and then they one fall in love with one, and then cannot get approved for a loan before the home sells.
Cindy Dan, Agent, Windham, ME
Tue Apr 24, 2012
Welcome home Ryan! I am very familiar with this area and am happy to help you with your journey to homeownership. Contact me at 207-795-9627 or my cell 207-576-1615, email cindydan@masiello.com. I am associated with Better Homes & Gardens/The Masiello Group. I look forward to hearing from you and get you traveling down the right road!
Cindy Dan
Team Agent with Realty Network
Laura Feghali, Agent, Stamford, CT
Tue Apr 24, 2012
Hi Ryan,
Welcome home! I suggest that you contact and interview a few local real estate agents to help you get started with the home buying process. They will guide and counsel you as to what steps you need to take initially and throughout the entire purchase. I say a few so that you can select the agent to represent you that you feel will do the job well and who you will feel comfortable with.

If you plan on using financing to assist you with your home purchase then you will need a pre-approval letter from a mortgage lender. This is a requirement when submitting offers and you will also leaarn how much you can comfortably afford. A local real estate agent may have some good recommendations on some lenders to contact.

Best wishes on finding your first home!

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
Scott McCaul…, Other Pro, Portsmouth, NH
Tue Apr 24, 2012
Hi Ryan,

First off, welcome home and thank you for your service. Typically, most home buyers will get pre-approved by a mortgage professional so that they know exactly how much home they can afford. I can walk you through that process. It is not difficult. As someone who qualifies for a VA loan, you can buy a home with NO money down. From there it is a matter of working with a real estate professional to help you find the right home.

If you would like to call or email me- please check my site for my contact info: http://www.LendWithScott.com

Scott McCauley
Licensed Mortgage Planner
Regency Mortgage Corp
NMLS # 174108