How would the original property owner go about canceling a joint tenancy w/the right of survivorship which?

Asked by Lp, Delaware Sat Aug 23, 2008

was given to one of his children in an effort for her to obtain collateral to purchase a home?

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Sat Aug 23, 2008
yes, you would need the other person to agree to it. Have an attorney or title company draw up the paperwork, type an new deed and record it for you. If the other party doesnt agree, then the attorney could review the procedure with you. Good luck Lp.
Web Reference:
0 votes
Jacqueline R…, Agent, Bear, DE
Sat Aug 23, 2008
Both parties need to contact an attorney. I'm not an attorney, but I would assume that the person who has the joint tenancy would have to agree to have their name taken off the deed.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more