General Area in Marlton>Question Details

Bonkers85, Home Buyer in Marlton, NJ

How is the marlton lakes community in NJ?

Asked by Bonkers85, Marlton, NJ Fri Jul 13, 2012

Has there ever been any issues there with flooding there?
Or with septic system being in close proximity to the lake?
Or with well water quality or availability?
Has there ever been water quality issue with the lake water that closed it to swimming or fishing?
Is a home purchase in this lake community a risk to to any of the above?

Dear Bonkers85,

I am a former resident of Marlton Lakes. I lived there for 10 years. If you love the outdoors it is a great neighborhood . Besides, the lake, you have hiking trails starting at the end of Fern Dr. You can explore for hours.

As far as the lake, there have been closings in the past. It was from fecal matter. People who live on the lake import ducks. When the weather gets really hot, and the lake evaporates a little the fecal count goes up. Not from septic, but ducks and native geese.

We never had issues with water. I know state testing was done after we moved. The septic was fine while we there. Our house never flooded but we were not on the lake, we were across the street from it. As far as I know, our neighbors on the lake did not have flooding issues.

I would be concerned about electrical wiring. Some houses still have aluminum wiring and not copper.

If you have any more questions I can help you with let me know. I am an agent at Keller Williams Realty in Medford. My cell I s609-410-8111.

marlton lakes is white trash
Is Marlton Lakes and Marlton, nj one in the same. The Livibility score is good and so are the demographics. Med income is 74,000 from what I see.
Why do you make that statement. I am curious as I am looking to move there.
Flag Sat Jul 9, 2016