How is the housing market in Oshkosh?

Asked by Sally Lloyd, Milwaukee, WI Mon Jul 30, 2007

Answers

2
Polly Briley, , 28607
Sun Jul 27, 2008
Hi Sally,

Like many areas we are currently down. How long we will be down, I wish I had the answer. June was slow, but anecdotally from my perspective and my office buzz, things have really picked up in July.

Sales as well as listings are below last year and last month for June. We will have the July numbers in a couple of weeks so we will see how the trend lines are looking.

The one trend that is going in a good direction is the days on the market in the price range of $100,000 to $150,000. I have heard so much discussion on why this is happening? New listings are lasting less than a week.

I wish I could offer you more concrete information, but this market in anything but predictable.

Polly Briley
Broker Associate
RE/MAX VALLEY, REALTORS
Oshkosh WI
920-203-1155
Erica Zimmer…, , 54449
Wed Apr 9, 2008
Every market is different. I am an Realtor in Marshfield Wi and my brother just moved back here from Oshkosh. From what I've seen of the market in that area there are plenty of homes available in all price ranges, but It is always best to contact a realtor for the area you are interested in. They know their market the best.