How far is this loaction from U of A? What zipcodes do you recommend for homes close to U of A. I like some thing, safe, good neighborhood, kind o new

Asked by Maggie, Chandler, AZ Mon Nov 7, 2011

between 10-20 min drive to U of A. Please provide names of area, or zip codes

Answers

11
John Everhart, Agent, Tucson, AZ
Mon Nov 7, 2011
Good Morning Maggie:

There are many options for the UofA area. If you are looking for a newer home I suggest going North, Northeast, West or South of the University depending upon your preferences. There are many newer "infill" neighborhoods surrounding the area. A "safer" neighborhood is dependent upon many conditions. On our team's website you will find an easy link that allows you to determine crime statistics for any Tucson neighborhood.

If you are running a zipcode search there are many choices too. However, 85718, 85719, 85716, 85705 and 85745 are the obvious ones.

I do not see the link to the house that your question references? So, I cannot answer your question regarding commute time to UofA.

We would visit all the homes that interest you and measure the time and distance. It would be a pleasure to show you around The Old Pueblo!
Web Reference:  http://www.JohnEverhart.com
Lindsay Daley, Agent, Tucson, AZ
Mon Nov 7, 2011
Maggie,

Thank You for a great set of questions! Many of the questions you asked will be dependent on what kind of specifics you're looking for. I'd love to meet/speak with you at your convenience to better tailor my response to what exactly you're looking for. There are a lot of great properties around the U of A area; I'd be happy to help you find the one that is just right for your needs.

Best of Luck in Your search and I look forward to hearing from you! : )
Spirit Messi…, Agent, Tucson, AZ
Mon Nov 7, 2011
Good morning Maggie,

If you are willing to drive 10-20 minutes you can live in & about any where within the City Limits (within reason). 85716 is a popular zip code for people wanting to be close to the U of A. As a Realtor, I am not allowed to comment on what is a "safe neighborhood", but please see the attached link for crime rates.

Are you pre-approved? That should be your first step, next find a local agent or Realtor to help you sort through all the inventory based on your criteria. I am sure there will be several agents to pick from just from answering this question. Best of luck, buying a house should be an exciting & educational process.
Spirit

Spirit Messingham
3rd Generation Full-Time Realtor®
Tierra Antigua Realty
Direct (520) 471-6900
Fax (866) 365-5208
SpiritRealty@Cox.net
http://www.TierraAntigua.com
Nancy Socolof…, Agent, Tucson, AZ
Mon Nov 7, 2011
best bet 85719 & 85716. I know the area as I live in 85719 by U of A for 20 years.
I would be happy to discuss budgets, I have a client who bought a house for 45K and pays less than rent!
Be happy to discuss any of your concerns.977.5973
The Chris El…, Agent, Tucson, AZ
Mon Nov 7, 2011
Maggie,

The zipcode that you are inquiring about is South Tucson which stretches from the airport to Southeast Tucson near Wilmot and I-10. This would not be the best for UofA parameters, instead I would suggest 1st Ave to Country Club and River Rd to Broadway Blvd.

We specialize in UofA properties and can give you advice on the areas that would be most convenient and safe. Please feel free to call us at 888-UOFA (8632)

The Chris Eldridge Group
Office@ChrisEldridge.com
(520)888-UOFA
James Edingt…, , Tucson, AZ
Mon Nov 7, 2011
Maggie,
Our office is located just a few blocks away from U of A in 85705. There are many listings within a 3 mile radius of the college which might fit your search. If you look close to the Reid Park area just east of the campus, I think you might find a pretty good fit to what you are looking for. The park has a bike trail that cuts through it to the campus area. Also this area is close to the zoo, shopping, and bus lines. We are very familiar with your search as most clients that walk through our door are looking for properties close to the U of A. Feel free to call me at 520-409-8637 or email me at c21jime@yahoo.com any time.
Rob & Cather…, Agent, Tucson, AZ
Mon Nov 7, 2011
Maggie,

There are several areas to look in. Homes nearest to the U of A are the most convenient, but you will pay a higher price. You can go farther North, or if you are a biker or have a car, the Eastside. has some nice neighborhoods at more affordable prices. Farther West, off Player's Club Dr. there are some condos that are used by U of A students and it's about a 15 min. drive.

The first question I would ask is what is your budget and what type of home are you looking for? As Realtors, we can't comment on the safety of a particular neighborhood, but I would be happy to send you a link to our Tucson Crime Statistics site where you can look at an area and see the amount and types of crime, if any.

Please let me know more about your plans and I'll customize a search to your particular needs and timeline.

Warmest Regards,

Catherine Hallberg
520-407-8667
Rita Gibbs,…, Agent, Tucson, AZ
Mon Nov 7, 2011
Hi Maggie, I am a Central/UA specialist and i live in the UA area.

Please tell me more specifically what you are seeking,
and it it is for a student? also your price range.

Thanks, Rita
Matt Sanchez, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Mon Nov 7, 2011
Hi Maggie. I would suggest looking into listings in Riverhaven. I lived there while I was in school and loved it. It's the only newer development of homes within 10 minutes of UA and is close to restaurants, shops, and entertainment. 85716 and 85712 are good zip codes to look in. Feel free to contact me at msanchez@kw.com and I can send you some listings in Riverhaven along with others you may like. Good luck!
Sam Zobrest, Agent, Tucson, AZ
Mon Nov 7, 2011
If you are looking for information regarding the U of A area... who better than the Wildcat. I have extensive experience in the U of A area and I would love to help you find a great home. Give me a call or email me and we can discuss your needs. Thanks!

Sam Zobrest
Wildcat Realty & Property Management
(520) 312-8032
sam@realtywildcats.com
"If you are looking for a Real Estate Professional that is honest,
knowledgeable, and punctual look no further,
CALL THE WILDCAT!"
Ric Mills, Agent, Oro Valley, AZ
Mon Nov 7, 2011
To really help you and save time, We need to know your price range,number of bedrooms, baths and anything else that you relly want. Most neighborhoods around the UOA (within 5 miles) are older homes but there are some newer fill in homes and homes that have been remodeled. Let us know and we can get started. Ric Mills 520-548-8940, rmills@gotucson.com