How do I find a property use on public record?

Asked by Cynthia Chan, Clearwater, FL Thu Jun 20, 2013

I am interested in one property that have a large vacant lot across the road. I would like to find out whether this vacant lot (with lots of trees) is a reservation lot , or deemed to be commercial property, or residential. Is there a way to look up this information in Hillsborough public record?

Answers

5
Lynn Brock, Agent, Sarasota, FL
Tue Jun 25, 2013
Cynthia Chan, visit the Hillsborough County property appraiser's website.

Lynn Brock
Brock Realty Inc.
941.313.1234
http://www.brockrealty-inc.com
Lisa Reeves, Agent, Tampa, FL
Fri Jun 21, 2013
Cynthia, to answer your question yes there is a way to look this information up in public record. All of this information is located on the Hillsborough County property appraisers website. Every property has land-use, zoning, and property use. Zoning will tell you what the land is designated for but land-use will tell you all the things you may be allowed to do on the property.

This information is located in the middle of the Property information page, section land lines. If you click the column zone an index pops up and you can see what the zoning code means. Contact me if I may help further. Good-luck.
Alma Kee, Agent, Tampa, FL
Fri Jun 21, 2013
This is another reason to work with a Realtor. We have a function on our MLS system that can easily identify the owner and the current approved use. As mentioned the owner may be able to get a zoning change or modification. I have knowledge about one community where the agent for the builder actually told prospective buyers the property behind their home was "conservation" when in fact it was commercial and now there is a 3 story apartment complex at the rear of their home! Yet another reason to enlist the "free" help of an experienced Realtor.

Alma

Alma Rose Kee, PA
Future Home Realty
Sold On Tampa Team
http://www.SoldOnTampa.com
813.244.9898
Jim Pell, Agent, Clearwater, FL
Thu Jun 20, 2013
E-Mail me @ jim@jimpellhomes.com I will research the property and e-mail the info back to you there is no charge I will be more than glad to help you

Jim Pell
813-855-1343
Tracy Hoyt, Agent, Valrico, FL
Thu Jun 20, 2013
Cynthia,

The best way to determine that would be to research the owners and ask them. You can do a public records check through the county appraisers office. Remember that nothing is set in stone though....if it is vacant land it could become a business or development.

If the land is near a new construction development, the builder could possibly answer the question.

Tracy Hoyt