How can I find out the year to year average home price increases and decreases in Orange County for the past four years?

Asked by Bronxflash, Chapel Hill, NC Mon Apr 12, 2010

Answers

2
Deborah Mill…, Agent, Durham, NC
Tue Apr 27, 2010
Bronxflash - If you are wanting this information in order to purchase property the buyer's agent that you select to assist you should be willing to pull together information that gives you economic history as you are requesting. I do suggest so that you do not end up with mounds of data to actually have them pull stats on the type of property that will fit your needs taking into consideration style of home and size as well as location that fits your needs. You would not want to compare home in Orange County in the town of Cedar Grove where I have a listing with a home within 10 minutes of UNC even though both show up as Orange County.

If I can assist you further please let me know.

Deborah Rigsbee Miller, Real Estate Broker/REALTOR/Eco-Broker
Coldwell Banker HPW
Jay Walden, Agent, Chapel Hill, NC
Mon Apr 12, 2010
I would be happy to pull together any data that you need. I would suggest however that we compile something more significant than county wide as there can be large differences town to town and even between neighboring subdivisions. I can also send you market reports and sign you up for a Market Snapshot report which would send you regularly updated reports on active listings and recent sales with lots of charts or info pulled from live MLS data specific to your address. Email me and we can get the ball rolling!
Web Reference:  http://www.JayWalden.com
If you like to do it yourself, just to have an idea if prices has been changed and in what way, you can go to the property tax records. It's not the best way of course.
Flag Mon Jan 19, 2015
If you wanna do it yourself you can go to the property tax records. It's not a perfect, but you can see the changes.
Flag Mon Jan 19, 2015