lhansen327, Home Buyer in Barrington, IL

Hillcrest Acres

Asked by lhansen327, Barrington, IL Sat Jun 2, 2012

What do people think of Hillcrest Acres in Barrington? Some homes seem nice, others have junk piled up in their yard. Is it that way because its unincorporated?
Would love to hear locals' thoughts.

Answers

3
Bob Brandt, Agent, Schaumburg, IL
Sat Jun 2, 2012
I was just helping the Barrington American Legion Post 158 run the Golf Outing at Mackrae Golf course there and we had a long discussion about it. Most folks like the mature and somewhat modern contemporary nature of many of the homes. I had several friends that grew up in those homes and when I show them to buyers now, it brings back fond memories. One person's junk is anothers treasure...Not being incorporated is a nice feature come tax time and if you like less rules. I give it a big thumbs up in general.

Bob Brandt
847-230-7303
great to hear! Thank you!
Flag Sat Jun 2, 2012
Heidi Seagren, Agent, Barrington, IL
Mon Dec 3, 2012
Hillcrest Acres is a great neighborhood. it is close to the village and the train station, yet close to Deer Park and easy access. There are some homes which are updated and wonderful and some, yes, have not been as well maintained. It has less restrictions than other neighborhoods, which allows for the mix, but it is a good value and a good location.
John Walin, Agent, Libertyville, IL
Tue Jun 5, 2012
Hi
Follow this link to Hillcrest acres on blockshopper. Nice area, high taxes and being unincorporated can burn leaves and store boats in the yard!

http://chicago.blockshopper.com/subdivisions/hillcrest_acres…