Hi, I'm relocating to a job in Dover, NH -- where's the best mid-range area to live? I prefer to not have a

Asked by Bill W., Los Angeles, CA Mon Jun 23, 2008

Hi, I'm relocating to a job in Dover, NH -- where's the best mid-range area to live? I prefer to not have a long (25 minutes) commute. No kids at present, but having good schools locally will be a plus for the near future. By mid-range, I mean $200-$300K. If the property had an acre or so -- that would be ideal. Thanks!

Answers

6
Paul Maustel…, Agent, Portsmouth, NH
Wed Jul 2, 2008
Hi Bill,

There are currently 200 single family homes for sale in Dover as of today 7/2/08, average list price is $277,771, average days on the market is 149 days. Larger lots will be in the Dover Point area or west Dover out by Liberty Mutual area.
Ralph Johnst…, Home Seller, Lee, NH
Tue Jul 1, 2008
Hi Bill: I have a home for sale in Lee, NH, approximately 8-10 miles from Dover, maybe a 15 min drive. Lee is a small community, (3500+/-), close to access to Boston and the north country, about 5 miles west of Durham, which is a university community--University of NH. Our home sits on just less than an acre, in a very private spot, on a cul de sac. We are in the best school district in NH..Oyster River. Our property is well-settled with many trees and perenials--all the work has been done fo ryou. . It is ideally suited for adults only or a family with children, as our yard is very party and children friendly. We have the best neighbors, truly, in the world, and we have been all over, having retired from the Air Force.
Our home is a 3 bdrm, 1 3/4 bath, with many updates, including new kitchen and bathrooms.
We are selling because we need to downsize to a one-story home because of medical problems, otherwise we would not be leaving. Please see the url below for details. thanks. and good luck house hunting...NH is very different from LA, and a truly wonderful place to live! Carol
Ginny, Home Seller, Durham, NC
Sat Jun 28, 2008
Hi Bill Our house is for sale in Durham Nh, a 10 minute ride from Dover. One of the best school systems in the state. We have 1.75 acres and customs built in cabinets and woodworking. My huband put in beautiful custom hard wood floors. We also have a deeded dock on the riverWe just lowered the price
4 Riverview road, Durham call our realitor Lee Ann Parks at REMAX Durham. i know you will love the house. Ginny
Thomas Sevig…, Agent, Dover, DE
Wed Dec 29, 2010
Assuming preferences like schools are all created equal, if you desire a lot size of an acre or so within 25 minutes and wanted to stay well below 300k, I would look at towards Strafford Barrington Northwood. Moreover, you could find some homes within 25 min. North of Rochester NH as well. You could also consider Maine where Larger lots are common.
Web Reference:  http://Pannawayrealty.com
Rose Forcillo, Agent, Dover, NH
Wed Dec 1, 2010
Hi Bill,
Dover, NH is a wonderful place to live. I live and sell real estate in Dover and I'm sure I can find you a nice home in your price range. Dover has shopping, downtown area, & lots of great restaurants. There is always something to do. Good luck with your new job and welcome to Dover!
Rose Forcillo
Broker/Owner
Coldwell Banker Peggy Carter Team
603-742-HOME
Peggy Carter, Agent, Dover, NH
Tue Apr 7, 2009
Hi Bill,
Property with an acre or more is usually homes built 7 years ago. Dover changed their zoning at that time that offered benefits to developers when they had open space in neighborhoods but in return the lots got smaller. If you can be in the upper end of your range you will be much happier with the properties you see. The lower range is typically small ranches, or capes in older neighborhoods. I would think you probably would want to live in Dover since the convenience, shopping and sense of community is present. Good Luck in your new job. You will love living here.