Hello, Thank you for your service. I would like to know the best way to get a low appraisal on my home.

Asked by Mike, Placerville, CA Wed Dec 26, 2007

I know this is a strange question, but just need to get a low appraisal in order to keep a roof over my families head.

Answers

8
Jim Walker, Agent, Carmichael, CA
Fri Dec 28, 2007
In Mike's defense and in my own defense. Mike did not ask for a false appraisal, he just asked for a realistic appraisal of value.

Values have plummeted from 2004 - 2005 . Todays values, even in Placerville, when honestly analyzed, are LOW compared to those boom years. A low evaluation is, ipso facto, an honest evaluation.
Design101, , the United States.
Sat Dec 29, 2007
Mike, are you trying to adjust the tax assessors value of your property because property values have fallen?
Jim Walker, Agent, Carmichael, CA
Wed Dec 26, 2007
I would be happy to email you a "broker" valuation opinion for no charge. It is not the same as an appraisal.
The narrative of the BPO would state that the dollar figure I state is where the home would need to be priced to obtain a full price offer within a reasonable 20 to 60 day marketing period.
Mike, Home Buyer, Placerville, CA
Sun Mar 23, 2008
Thanks again, for all of your responses.
, ,
Sat Mar 15, 2008
Mike - in case you're still looking for an appraiser, may I suggest you contact Mark Speelman, of Newcastle Appraisals. Mark does most of my appraisal work, and is somewhat conservative when it comes to assessing value. He can be reached at 916-261-6275

Jeff Marr
Mike, Home Buyer, Placerville, CA
Sat Dec 29, 2007
Thank you folks for your responses,

I am talking about a realistic appraisal based on recent sales, the age of the home and the repairs that are needed. I may appeal to the Assessor 's office later, but first I guess I need to get a realistic appraisal or BPO. Thank you Jim. Please email me at mikemue2@yahoo.com

Much appreciated,
Don Tepper, Agent, Burke, VA
Fri Dec 28, 2007
Would you explain how a low appraisal will keep a roof over your family's head? I think there may be some other issue or issues here that we can help you with. You may be asking the wrong question to achieve the result you're looking for.
Erin Stumpf…, Agent, Sacramento, CA
Thu Dec 27, 2007
Hmm...that seems to be a loaded question. Since you have not provided any information, my suggestion would be to contact a licensed appraiser, and pay for a professional appraisal. This is not a process that can be influenced higher or lower.

Are you confusing appraisal with the county assessor's value? If you are referring to the assessor's value, and you want your assessed value to be adjusted to reflect your home's current market value, contact your local assessor's office. There is an appeal process to request your home be reassessed based on its declined value.