Hello, Looking into purchasing a house in the Hickory Ridge area and was wondering if this is a safe area to raise my two boys? Any help would be?

Asked by Brady12, Hickory Ridge, Charlotte, NC Wed Oct 27, 2010

much appreciated. Thank you!

Answers

8
Michael Mou…, Agent, Huntersville, NC
Wed Oct 27, 2010
Hi Brady12,
This general area is very "spotty". If you do buy in that area, I would check it out street by street and also visit the area & specific location at different times of the day and on weekends. I say this because i have had rental properties over there before and have dealt with some sketchy characters. Don't get me wrong though, there are some nicer areas as well. I'm just saying you need to look at all angles. What is driving you to that area?

If you need any help, feel free to let me know. Take care,
Mike
Kisha Hankst…, Home Buyer, Charlotte, NC
Fri May 18, 2012
I live in hickory ridge area, I am currently renting. I am buying a home at the end of this year. I love this area and can't wait to buy here. I have three children and love the schools.
Sally Johnson, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Fri Jan 14, 2011
All the answers above are correct and its good advice. Do a lot of the research yourself. You will feel better with first hand information. Drive through the neighborhoods during times of the day that will give you a feel of the area. Visit the schools, meet the teachers and principal. Visit the area police center and stop by the fire department. Get out and talk to people. Find a realtor you like.
Edgar Barajas, , Charlotte, NC
Thu Oct 28, 2010
I'm not a realtor or a broker, we came here from W P B Fla.the Hickory area has one of the biggest and most active Churches in town, there are small pockets in Hickory Ridge of lower income neighborhoods but it seems like that all over by design, when we came here we were looking for a home in Hickory Ridge I am a privet Real Estate Investor that will find you the houes of your Dreams at a very resnable price. Contact me at http://www.equitysavesyoumoney.com
Robin Faison, Agent, Huntersville, NC
Thu Oct 28, 2010
Check out websites like familywatchdog.us/ to see the sex offender registry. Call the local police department. Visit with homeowners after working hours and on weekends. Drive the neighborhood at different times of day. Google the street name to see if any crimes were published. Call the homeowner association board members to see if there is a neighborhood watch program. Crime usually occurs where the criminal can exist the site easily. For this reason, I encourage buyers concerned about safety to buy an interior lot in a subdivision.
Robin Faison
Robin.Fasion@gmail.com
NA, , Charlotte, NC
Thu Oct 28, 2010
Hi Brady12,

As Dave said, Realtors® are bound by ethics laws which prevent us from directly answering your question. I usually give my clients a website that they can use to obtain crime statistics and determine whether an area is safe on their own. The website is http://www.spotcrime.com. You can put in an address (just pick any Hickory Ridge address), and then the site will show you all of the crime reports in that area by type. It will require you to sign up for alerts, but it's free and you just need to provide an e-mail address.

I hope this is helpful!

All the Best,

Josie Mazzaferro
MBA, Broker/Realtor®
Allen Tate Company
cell: 704/965-1344
dave, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Thu Oct 28, 2010
Brady,

This is a very tough question for any Realtor to answer. We are bound by certain ethics rules which do not allow us to steer yu in one area more than another. However; I can give you some advice as to what to look for in the hickory ridge area. A lot depends on what you desire in the area. If you find homes that you like then I always recommend to my buyers (if they do not knwo the area to go knock on the neighbors doors or talk with the neighbors that are outside and ask them about the area and the neighborhood. they will give you the best answer to waht you are looking for.
in addition, you can check with the local poice department and ask them for the crime statis in that particular area. they will provide you witht eh information and iti is also availble on their website.
Wish I could be more hlep and tell you look here or here...but it is also very subjective. What is considered safe to one person may not to another and vice versa.
Web Reference:  http://www.davedicecco.com
Craig White, , Charlotte, NC
Wed Oct 27, 2010
Brady,

I am a native of the area and this is a great area to raise a family, I would be glad to help you find your new home in the area if you contact me we can discuss it in more detail.

Craig White
Realtor/Broker
Maison Properties
704.906.7899
cwhite@mytownhome.com