Generally, who pays the realtor fee in the Schaumburg, Il area-the tenant or the landlord? Thanks

Asked by danigospodinova, Schaumburg, IL Sun Mar 31, 2013

Answers

7
Paul Fijalko…, Agent, Arlington Heights, IL
Sun Mar 31, 2013
In the regular transaction with property listed on the MLS the landlord would pay the fee which is split between listing agent and tenant's agent. It is totally different story if the agent finds property for rent and it is not listed on the MLS and landlord refuses to pay the fee then agent may ask renter to pay the fee.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

Paul Fijalkowski
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
847-532-2093
Paul.Fijalkowski@cbexchange.com
Geoff Ommen, Agent, Barrington, IL
Sun Mar 31, 2013
Renters generally do not pay any Realtor fees to find or lease an apartment. My contract with renters allows me to collect 1/2 of one months rent from the landlord after a lease is closed. Renters pay nothing for the service because the landlord has already offered an incentive to the agent through the MLS listings.

In the event the agent finds you a property that is not listed, and the owner is unwilling to pay the agent to facilitate the transaction, the agent may ask you for compensation. This is very rare and should be discussed beforehand.

Geoff Ommen
Broker Baird & Warner
847-271-2622
geoff.ommen@bairdwarner.com
http://www.geoffgetsit.com
Dinara Puric…, Agent, Burr Ridge, IL
Sun Mar 8, 2015
The landlord. If you need a realtor. Please contact me @ 847-220-2265. My office is in Schaumburg.
Jessica Muel…, Agent, Schaumburg, IL
Wed Feb 25, 2015
Typically,
The first month's rent goes towards the brokers' commission. That is given directly to the landlord, and the landlord pays the brokerage.
John Walin, Agent, Libertyville, IL
Sun Mar 31, 2013
typically the landlord is charged and commission split between the offices. Best of luck in your search!
Sun Mar 31, 2013
In the regular transaction with property listed on the MLS the landlord would pay the fee which is split between listing agent and tenants agent. It is totally different story if the agent finds property for rent and it is not listed on the MLS and landlord refuses to pay the fee than agent may ask renter to pay the fee.

Paul Fijalkowski
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
847-532-2093
Bob Brandt, Agent, Schaumburg, IL
Sun Mar 31, 2013
The landlord. I am a Schaumburg Realtor and would be happy to help you find a new home.