General Household Costs

Asked by Paul Hales, Las Vegas, NV Thu Mar 21, 2013

I am a US Citizen who has lived outside of the states all of my life. I plan to purchase a small house in Clark County in the near future at a cost of up to $130k and retire to the US. It would be really helpful if someone could give me an idea of what the average cost of purchasing a house in that price range would be so that I can factor it in to my budget. i.e. all real estate searches/checks/inspections/legal fees etc. It would also be helpful to know an approximation of expected household bills for a 2-3 bedroom home, i.e. utilities/insurance (health and motor) etc. or average monthly outgoings for an older couple aged 55-60 yrs old in good health. Any information at all would be of great help. Thanks and I look forward to moving!!

Answers

5
Myra Gouger, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Thu Mar 21, 2013
Taxes in NV are about 1%. $130,000 house is approximately $1300/year or about $100+/- per month. Insurance is anywhere from $30-$200 depending on what you choose to cover for interior belongings and replacement of the home it it were totally damaged. Gas (we cook and generate hot water and heating with gas in Vegas) is about $20 per month and about $60-$75 in the winter months (all these approximations are for a newer home built after 2000), electric will be $60 regularly-$250 in the summer. Water and sewer is about $50 regularly and in the summer about $150. I hope this helps.
, ,
Tue Mar 24, 2015
Hi Paul,

1. Taxes are roughly 1% of the total purchase price of the home. $130,000.00 would be anywhere from $1200 to $1500 per year.

2. Basic homeowners insurance would be anywhere from $450.00 to $700.00 per year based on a 1,600 square foot or smaller home with or without a pool.

3. Electricity would be dependent on ceiling height and how cool you like to keep the home and if the home has a pool or not. Anywhere from $175.00 to $350.00 per month for 1,500 square feet 8 foot ceilings and only one AC.

4. Gas is nominal anywhere from $30.00 to $50.00 per month unless you heat a pool or like the inside temperatures of your home to reach sauna levels. Aside from that $30.00 to $50.00 per month.

5. Water is dependent on if you have desert landscape or grass. Also if their is a pool. Average water cost $100.00 to $200.00 per month.

These of course are all estimates. These numbers vary dependent on square footage size of lot etc etc.

I would love to help you when you are ready.

Feel free to call me at 702-612-1584.

Thanks and I hope to hear from you soon.

Becky Cordova
702-612-1584
rogerhoffman…, , New York, NY
Tue Mar 24, 2015
I have two aged people in my house for Senior to retire. they have no Health insurance for my mom and dad, we want to insurance them both of them are suffering from diabetes. Top quality is a little great but it was the only company who provided insurance policy to diabetics. Get Health Insurance Plans for 50-65 Old Age People Health Insurance Plans for Age 50-65. A friend suggest to me senior Health Insurance Company. they provide good Insurance Policies.
Margaret To, Agent, Henderson, NV
Thu Mar 21, 2013
Depends on the district / zoning where the property is located at, real estate taxes can run up to 3% and cap out. Myra has broken down the estimated costs for other items. Please call or email me directly if you have additional questions.

Margaret
702.280.8859
RealEstate.LasVegas@aol.com
Thank you very much, this is really helpful.
Flag Thu Mar 21, 2013
Suzie Marqua…, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Thu Mar 21, 2013
I was just getting ready to answer and I saw that Myra had given you a good breakdown on expenses. If you need help just let me know. I would be happy to set up a personal search page for you when you are ready. I also can do video walk throughs on most homes. It is a great way to get a look at a home from where ever you are located.
Thank You
Suzie Marquardt
Fahrnyteam@yahoo.com
http://www.LasVegasRealEstators.com