Jns168, Home Buyer in Charlotte, NC

Fun, family-friendly Charlotte neighborhood to rent?

Asked by Jns168, Charlotte, NC Tue Jan 21, 2014

We're relocating to Charlotte with our daughters and are looking for a fun, family-friendly, safe neighborhood that is walkable and close to restaurants and shops (ideally locally owned, not chain stores). Our oldest will be starting kindergarten in the fall and while we're open to magnet/charter, we'd like a solid assigned school, too. Bonus points for a more naturally-minded community with farmers markets/festivals/co-ops. We'll be renting, not buying.

Answers

3
Robin Faison, Agent, Kannapolis, NC
Wed Jan 22, 2014
Good morning,

Off the top of my head: For Birkdale in Huntersville, Highland Creek in North Charlotte, Providence Plantation in South Charlotte, Baxter Village in Fort Mill, Morrison Plantation in Mooresville, Winding Walk or Moss Creek or Skybrook in Cabarrus County.

More elegant and more rent: Providence Country Club, Shannamara, Bradford Park, Ballantyne Country Club….

The list is long for family friendly neighborhoods- so you would need to tell us your rental requirements. Not every yard is fenced, not every landlord takes pets, driving to your work may be a factor, etc.

Welcome,
Robin Faison
Look around Southpark: Beverly Woods East, Sharon Woods, Barclay Downs, Sedgefield, Myers Park- just depends on your budget
Flag Fri Jan 24, 2014
How much are you willing to pay in monthly rent? If you provide me with your email address, then I will look at MLS to see what is available. Good rentals go quickly in South Mecklenburg. I suggest driving the areas as well.
Flag Thu Jan 23, 2014
Thanks, Robin! Ideally, we'd stay in the South, East and Southeast areas based on work location. We have a dog and would need a fenced yard.
Flag Wed Jan 22, 2014
dave, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Wed Jan 22, 2014
Jns,

There are a few areas in the Charlotte area that pop up that might meet your needs. I think parts of Matthews (suburb of Charlotte) would be a good fit for you. Another area would be in the South Park area and there are a few others in South Charlotte and North Charlotte that I think would work great for you....

The question is what are you looking for n a place to rent? How much are you looking to spend? This will help narrow down areas or open up areas for you....

Feel free to either e-mail me or call me and would be happy to help you in your search for a rental home for you and your family.

Dave diCecco
Realtor/Broker
Helen Adams Realty
ddicecco@helenadamsrealty.com
http://www.davedicecco.com
Thanks, Dave. We're seeing Matthews pop up more and more in our search but are unsure of the drive into downtown. But I think it's worth a look when we make a visit prior to moving. We need three bedrooms (or 2 with a bonus room) and fenced in yard for our dog.
Flag Wed Jan 22, 2014
John Siddons…, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Wed Jan 22, 2014
Hi!

It depends on what size/bedrooms/bathrooms/budget you're looking at. The higher the budget, the closer to the city you will be. Dilworth sounds like it would be a great match for you, or Downtown Matthews as well if you want further out.

John Siddons
john.siddons@bhhscarolinas.com
http://www.JohnSiddons.com