Florida Condo association fees & assessment charges

Asked by Pumpkin729, 34470 Mon Mar 28, 2011

Can someone point me in the right direction. I am looking for whom to contact about association fee inceases and assessment charges. I was told to call tallahasse. Does anyone know the number or website??

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Edyta Gryc’s answer
Edyta Gryc, Agent, Naperville, IL
Mon Mar 28, 2011
Both Cyndi and Lori provided good tips where to start.
Rights and obligations of condominium association can be found in Florida Statue 718 as Lori mentioned (please refer to the link below). Moreover you should review By-Laws of a particular complex/subdivision and look for Assessments and Mannor of collection or other provisions that will refer to it. From my knowledge the Board of Directors should have a power to determine association fee increases and assessment charges (if any).
0 votes
Lori Hobin,…, Agent, Juno Beach, FL
Mon Mar 28, 2011
Good morning, I actually ran across the changes in the condo law this morning. You can google the condominium act chapter 718, F.S. and here is the website address for you:


If I can help you in any other manner, please just give me a call 561.373.2401.

Have a great day, Lori
Web Reference:  http://www.LoriHobin.com
0 votes
Cynthia Bell, Agent, Cedar Park, TX
Mon Mar 28, 2011
I am not sure if this is the correct place to start, but I found the below website for Florida. I am not sure what your question is about. You've mentioned fee increases. You need to review your HOA CC&R's. They will outline how fees are assessed.

Another option to find the right person/department to handle your question, if its regulatory in nature is to contact your state representative and ask for assistance.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more