Does anyone know anything about he historic distric in Anderson SC?

Asked by Lisa, Anderson, SC Wed Nov 7, 2007

Answers

8
Renee, , Anderson, SC
Mon Apr 14, 2008
There are several streets in town limits that are lined with mature trees and lovely older homes. Many of these older homes seem to be under renovation. One house on South McDuffie Street (one street over from Main) is even used for weddings. Included is a link to give you an idea of the type of homes you will see.
I do not work for the Wilhite House, I just think it is a beautiful structure.
Web Reference:  http://www.wilhitehouse.com/
Vickie Gambr…, Both Buyer And Seller, Anderson, SC
Wed Nov 7, 2007
Yes and there are a lot of homes for sale in that area. Some are already restored and some are ready to be brought back to their former beauty. The down town area is in the middle of a reviatlization. There are some great deals if you do not being in an area that is on it`s way up. That is when you can really get a good deal.
Web Reference:  http://www.vickiegambrell.us
Sun Jul 13, 2008
Yes I agree I use to live there and my son still does and they have no trouble at all. There are some great homes for sale right now and the prices are really going up every year in the downtown area. If anyone wants to view some of those beautiful homes just call me
Leigh, , 29624
Sun Jul 13, 2008
I have lived in a historic structure on S. McDuffie St for the past 7 years. I have never had an encounter with crime. Many of the older residents believe the area is "crima and drug" infested because they remember how it used to be in the 1970's and 1980's. As you may be aware many of your historic neighborhoods all over the country fell into times of disrepute and disrepair only to be revitalized in the last 10 years. I suggest you ask other residents of these areas. My street is full of young professionals (ie engineers, managers, computer techs), college professors, high school teachers, musicians, etc... It is a great place to live. I lived in a very upscale neighborhood prior to moving to Anderson, SC, and saw much more "crime" than in Anderson. I guess it is a matter of perspective. .
Claudia Litt…, , Oconee County, SC
Fri May 9, 2008
The city of Anderson has declared certain areas around downtown as re-juvenating areas. That means there is opportunity to take advantage of a growing downtown without paying the price for it. The current historic district extends from Boulevard (across from Anderson University) to the Orr Street neighborhoods and the McDuffie area. I can advise investors where to make a deal now before prices go up, please contact me for a free consultation.
Renee, , Anderson, SC
Tue Apr 15, 2008
You're right, you do need to be careful of certain areas.
Jeannie Woff…, Home Buyer, Belton, SC
Tue Apr 15, 2008
The historic distric does have some beautiful homes but in my opinion you have to be cautious where you buy. There is crime and drug infestation in some of the areas mentioned before me. Just be careful.
Wed Jan 23, 2008
I now have one of the last Victorians left in Anderson for sale. It needs to be restore but it is a beauty. Here is a link to it if you are interested.
http://www.vickiegambrell.us/Listing/ViewListingDetails.aspx…