Does anyone have information on West Wildwood? I am possibly looking to buy a home there and although I have

Asked by DMS, New Jersey Mon Jan 14, 2008

some acquaintances there, I am afraid of flooding, home depreciation etc

Answers

1
David Green, Agent, Cape May, NJ
Mon Jan 14, 2008
Those are very good concerns to have DMS. The flooding issue has long been a hot topic for those who live and work in West Wildwood. The rumor is that when they did the excavating work prior to developing West Wildwood the surveyors stakes were all laid out so the contractor knew how high to fill in the land. But supposedly the contractor went out during the night and hammered the stakes in so he didn't have to use as much fill and thus we have had a flooding problem. That is until recently over the last couple years the city has been getting new raised streets and all new drainage sytems. There are still sections of the town that will get a little water but no more than parts of Delaware Ave in North wildwood or Susquehanna ave in wildwood.

The town is still at work correcting the problem which from what I have been told has been over 60% completed. As far as values go, we are in a declining market . But what I do know is that the desirable properties are usually the first to sell, in any market .

I hope this helps

Dave