Desperately looking to buy our first home! My husband and I make great income but our Credit scores are between 600-620.

Asked by Cassi Hillgren, Lincoln, NE Thu Jan 2, 2014

We have been repairing our credit for 6 months and have increased our scores 70-100 points! We are still improving but our landlord, after 6 years of renting to us, has decided he would like to sell. (either to us or someone else) We would like to buy a new home here in Lincoln for our family of 6! Please help! What can we do!?

Answers

9
Becky Stewart’s answer
Becky Stewart, Agent, Lincoln, NE
Sat Jan 11, 2014
Hi Cassi
I found a lender that said they could possibly help you. They work with scores lower than that. If you are interested, please give me a call. I would love to help you get a home!
Becky Stewart
402-432-6476
Jon Herms, , Lincoln, NE
Thu Jan 2, 2014
Hey Cassi! It's been awhile! There are loan programs available that you'd likely qualify for. I'd start by contacting 2 or 3 lenders within 45 days of when you'll actually start looking so you only get one hard inquiry on your credit (which should help keep your score up) if that's now, then great. That's the first place to start though. You can call or fb message me if you have any questions or I can recommend a few loan officers and help find the right loan and loan program for you guys depending on where you want to live etc. Id also recommend interviewing a few Realtors before settling on one because they'll be with you the whole transaction. If you're not into the shop, learn, and interview thing, I'd be more than happy to be your family's default choice. :) again, feel free to ask additional questions, it's never a bother and I actually enjoy it. Happy new year!
Hey You! Wow it has been awhile! We are looking to buy within 6 months for sure! I would love to talk to some loan officers to see what we need to do next. If we can't be helped at this exact moment, we would like to know what to do next to help us own our home! It was great to hear from you :)
Flag Thu Jan 2, 2014
Logan Schnit…, Agent, Lincoln, NE
Thu Sep 11, 2014
Hi Cassie! Have you had any luck with getting approved since your original post? And if so, have you started looking at houses? I'd love to help if you are still looking into buying and haven't started working with an agent yet. Please let me know how I can help. Thanks!!!
Paulbrauning, Home Buyer, Lincoln, NE
Mon Jul 28, 2014
I have a house for sale rent to own. I enjoy working with families who are making the right choices but not quite ready to buy. I have a home that is 3 plus bedroom 2 bath areas in Northeast Lincoln at 7225 Dudley.The price is 1200 per month plus down payment. It is also for sale too. Check it out on Trulia. You can reach me at 402-513-3398
Susan J Penn,…, Agent, Weston, FL
Fri Jan 3, 2014
I would suggest you find a mortgage lender who pulls up your credit and determines how to get it higher. Call a few different banks for help.
Lynn Allison, Home Buyer, 68502
Fri Jan 3, 2014
Hi Cassi, some lenders in Lincoln may be able to help you just give me a call. Lynn 4027306298
Shellyn Sands, Agent, Lincoln, NE
Thu Jan 2, 2014
Give me a call at 402-239-9668. I work with several lenders and one may be able to help you. I sell real estate in and around Lincoln.
Web Reference:  http://www.shellyn.net
Ruth and Per…, Agent, Los Gatos, CA
Thu Jan 2, 2014
Hi Cassi

Understand and sympathize with the issues you are faced.

Get your paper work in order:

Such as Bank Statements, last 2 years IRS returns, copies
of last 2 pay stubs, IRA or 401K statements if any.

Then meet with a Lender or Loan officer at a Bank you have worked with
for years. Check out a couple of other Loan Officers.

Ruth
Web Reference:  http://www.ruthandperry.com
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Thu Jan 2, 2014
Since there are other factors besides credit that determine mortgage qualification, visit with any licensed loan officer, and go from there; be aware that a mortgage pre-approval letter is required in order to determine your price range and for any offers to be taken seriously.