Considering the Charleston area for relocation.....

Asked by Gsteve55, Fort Lauderdale, FL Wed May 7, 2014

and was wondering about best neighborhoods, cost of living, beaches, dog-friendliness and cycling. We love the outdoors, our dogs, cycling, walking and exploring and have no children. Budget would be in the 500's to 600's and we would prefer a new, newer or redone home around 2500 sq. ft. Thoughts, suggestions and recommendations, please? Thank you!

Answers

1
Brad Braun, Agent, Folly Beach, SC
Fri May 9, 2014
Sounds like you need an expert guide to help you through your process. There's many areas of Charleston that would fulfill your needs. Without knowing too much about what really, truly is important to you, I would say that Mount Pleasant, James Island, Isle of Palms, Daniel Island, Bull's Bay, and the Downtown Peninsula would be good fits for you.

I recommend getting with a local Realtor, someone who knows the areas really well that can sit down, find out what your true needs are, and then guide you to that perfect home.

Many of the neighborhoods in Mt. Pleasant for instance offer bike trails, nature trails, doggy parks, and many other activities for the active folks ya'll seem to be.

Being a native of Charleston, I would also recommend if you can make a trip here to pre-visit the areas, this may also be of major benefit to help you narrow down your house hunting areas. We do have many desirable areas of this wonderful town for you, now you need to research, get with a pro, and find that perfect home!