Considering all of the school related spam, is there a web designer that needs fired?

Asked by Realtynovice, Akron, OH Thu Nov 13, 2008

Answers

6
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Fri Nov 14, 2008
R,

The school spam is seriously detracting from the intent of this forum......Something needs to be done...SOON.
Frances Flynn…, , State College, PA
Wed Nov 19, 2008
Information about schools and school systems is highly important to families who are weighing a home purchase. Trulia offers abundant information about schools right on each property listing page! Consequently, our search engine optimization measures drive more and more people to these pages.

I would not classify most school-related questions as spam. In some cases the questions do not originate from persons actively engaged in a home search, but the fact that they are using Trulia as a resource for information opens a door to the possibilty of those people referring home search information to their friends and family who may be engaged in property search.

Scott has some sage advice ... flag questions that you think we should remove. These questions will be obvious. In the meantime, we have the matter under study.

Our web designers are making improvements every day that enhance Trulia users' experience here. The new MEMBER SEARCH is a great example! Have you tried it? You can search Trulia Voices by area, by name, and by keyword (including school ;-).
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Fri Nov 14, 2008
It will continue as long as there are links that click down to the schools, it is informative if used for the purpose of sinding what schools are like in a certain city a buyer may be moving to. My point is as long as it is real estate related, however report card questions, whats for lunch, how do i apply to get in this school and my teacher stinks post have got to go. When you see them flag them by clicking report. if enough people report it and if the web designer can add a sentence or statement in that category that questions should be real estate related we may be ok.
Web Reference:  http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
Realtynovice, Both Buyer And Seller, Akron, OH
Thu Nov 20, 2008
I understand questions about quality of school and closely related inquiries. I am referring to questions "like "how do i get my transcripts" and " Does Mr. soandso still teach there" and questions that co not even identify the school the person has a question about.
Fri Nov 14, 2008
I don't really want to see anyone get fired, but till---pretty sloppy work.
The Hagley G…, Agent, Pleasanton, CA
Thu Nov 13, 2008
I asked a similar question yesterday about the school posts...not about someone getting fired, but rather why it is occuring....
Web Reference:  http://www.cindihagley.com