Central Air installation recommendations?

Asked by Aaron D., Park City, UT Fri Jul 5, 2013

I'm looking to have central air installed in my ~1700 sq. ft. townhome. I don't even know where to start. Does anyone have any idea how much it might cost or any recommendations of who to contact?

Answers

4
Scott Larson, Agent, Park City, UT
Fri Jul 5, 2013
Aaron,

Try Dan Crookston with Rocky Mountain Air Systems. You can reach him at (801) 255-6800. I have used him on three homes we built ourselves and one townhome I owned similar to your situation where he added the central AC after the fact. My wife and I have known him for almost 30 years, his work is top notch and even when we got competitive bids he was always the lowest bid. Assuming you have a pretty standard forced air heating system, my guess is this would be fairly simple and you probably don't even need to add any new ducts. I don't remember the exact cost when we had it installed in the townhome but it was pretty reasonable.

Scott Larson
435-513-2324
scottL.parkcity@gmail.com
Sharon Eastm…, Agent, Park City, UT
Fri Jul 5, 2013
Hi Aaron,

I personally used Comfort Solutions who added a complete new system to my home. They tied in to existing heat ducts and also installed more ducts with very little damage to drywall, etc.

I have clients who have installed freestanding units that are very sleek and hang on walls.

Call me if you want additional info.

Sharon Eastman
435-962-4663
Tim Moore, Agent, Kitty Hawk, NC
Fri Jul 5, 2013
It will matter what you have now. Does the TH have an air handler or was there just heat like with an electric strip or radiators? You will have to get air ducts installed and an air handler if there is not one there now. Do you have access to the attic and basement areas? That will make it easier. You just need to call a couple HVAC installers and have them give you a quote.
Derrik Carls…, Agent, Park City, UT
Fri Jul 5, 2013
Try this guy as he has been great to work with. (Fair prices & quick service)

Jordan Heating & Air Conditioning
(435) 503-1244
http://jordanheating-air.com

Derrik Carlson | http://www.RealEstateInParkCity.com | 435.200.5478