Alison,  in Atlanta, GA

Can you tell me about Journal Square? What is the neighborhood like?

Asked by Alison, Atlanta, GA Wed May 7, 2008

I would be purchasing a property to occupy, not as an investment.

Answers

4
Alison, , Atlanta, GA
Thu May 8, 2008
thanks to both for your answers. Deborah-that video was priceless! Who makes a video about things like that??? I will never understand the draw of you tube and all those, but it was nice to see the neighborhood.
As I mentioned to Lori in an email, I am originally from Morristown but I've been living in Atlanta for 5 years and out of Jersey for about 10 years. My husband will be working in Mahattan (West Village) so we are moving back. I am a Realtor here in Atlanta and it is SO interesting to be "on the other side" now!
Deborah Madey, Agent, Brick, NJ
Thu May 8, 2008
Here is a link to a 5 minute video on JC. The video starts out telling you where to get a good drink, but it then moves on to show you several buildings, the Square, the PATH train, and more.
http://video.yahoo.com/watch/128902

Are you planning on working in Jersey or NY?

Deborah Madey - Broker
Peninsula Realty Group - New Jersey
Lori Turoff, Agent, Hoboken, NJ
Wed May 7, 2008
Hi Alison,
I see you're from Atlanta. Have you ever been to New Jersey? Or Jersey City? Journal Square is a section of Jersey City (JC). It has a PATH station so it is quite convenient for commuting into NYC. It's a busy, diverse area. What sort of property did you have in mind? In Journal Square there is everything from 100 year old Victorian brownstones to 1920 Art Deco coop apartment buildings. I'd be able to help you better if I had a better idea of your area of interest. While I usually specialize in Hoboken, the next town over from JC, I have sold a number of properties in JC and know parts of the city quite well. It's a very large city and all the many neighborhoods within it (Paulus Hook, Newport, Pavonia, Hamilton Park, Van Vorst, Greenville, JC Heights) are very different.
Feel free to contact me if you'd like.
Thanks & hope this helps.

Lori Turoff
Robert DeRuggiero Realtors
201 993 9500
info@hobokensbest.com
Lori Turoff, Agent, Hoboken, NJ
Wed May 7, 2008
Hi Alison,
That's a hard question to answer in the abstract. Have you ever been to Jersey City? Journal Square is a section of JC. There is a PATH station there so transportation to NYC is very good. It is a bustling, diverse, area with all sorts of different properties. Are you looking for a house? A condo? A coop? There are all of these, at all price points and in all different style buildings from 100 year old Victorian brownstones to 1920's Art Deco high rises.

If you'd like to talk to me about the area and about Jersey City in general, I'd be happy to do so. While I tend to work primarily in the next town over, Hoboken, I have done a number of deals in JC and do know certain parts of the area well, as it is a very large city.

Hope this is helpful!
Lori Turoff
Realtor Associate
Robert DeRuggiero Realtors
89 Washington St.

201 993 9500 (cell)
info@hobokensbest.com