Can you describe what living in Harrison, Maine is like?

Asked by Heather Lynch, Haddon Township, NJ Wed Oct 24, 2007

Answers

6
Cindy McKenna, Agent, York, ME
Sat Nov 10, 2007
My sister in law's parents live in Harrison May through January 1. They love the peace and quiet- live right on the lake. The do not like the cold and are retired so go to Fl to escape as many others do as well. Although Harrison is also very close to Shawnee Peak and Sunday River ski areas. It's certainly the epitomy of a quaint Maine village...
Nadia, Home Buyer, Maine
Mon Apr 7, 2008
Harrison/Naples area is pretty - lots of lakes, lots of antique shops, a few camping areas. Big difference in population between tourist season (which , around here, is summer) and the rest of the year.

I'd caution that the area is good for someone who is content to be quite a distance from cultural hubs - there aren't a lot of options as far as restaurants/theatres/events. It's a remote area from Portland and from North Conway. But the area is beautiful, and if you're looking for the feeling of "getting away from it all," I think that would probably fit the bill.
Al, Home Buyer, Harrison, NY
Sat Apr 5, 2008
I live in Harrison right now. The school system is good if you have kids. The town is nice amd has community activities for the whole family to enjoy. As far as a commute to Portland goes you may want to think of something closer.
Wayne Laverd…, , Dover, NH
Thu Nov 15, 2007
I personally haven't lived in Harrison but have had a few friends over the years that did. The next town over, Naples, ME, had been my home away from home for almost 20 years due to boating. People that love lake living and peace and quiet would love that area. Not a bad commute to Portland, ME for good paying jobs either. Long lake is the center of Harrison and the other end of that lake is Naples. By Boat you can go all the way to Sebago Lake by way of some locks and a river. I would have to say it's a great area to live in but it depends on what you're looking for in a town.
Karen Stolpi…, Home Buyer, Natick, MA
Sun Mar 11, 2012
We own a summer home there, It is peaceful, Lakes and Mountains,
Matthew Trud…, Agent, Gray, ME
Mon Apr 28, 2008
Harrison is a small town that is perfect for someone who enjoys a tight-nit community. A good distance away from a lot of things, but good planning can make this a non-issue. I visit the town several times a month throughout the year and the people are always friendly.