Can you describe how Spring looks and feels for a person that has never lived here?

Asked by J.P., Tampa, FL Mon Apr 23, 2007

Do residents maintain their homes and lawns? Are there dramatic differences between different neighborhoods or zip codes? Is there a dominant architecture throughout the city?

Answers

3
Lee Biles, , both The Woodlands and Spring
Thu Sep 27, 2007
Spring is definitely suburbia! It’s right outside of Houston on your way to Conroe, The Woodlands, and other smaller townships/cities.
I agree heavily wooded (mostly pine and oak). The Spring area varies significantly so I would pick were I lived by neighborhood. Some neighborhoods will have great home owners associations some will have a bad ones or none at all. But again each neighborhood is usually pretty separated from its surroundings. I would recommend sticking to the ones that have good home owners associations. They are nicer and are holding their value better as you would expect. There are many unique developments and your pick of homes at a good value.

http://www.oldtownspring.com
Web Reference:  http://www.leebiles.com
Steve Willia…, Agent, Spring, TX
Mon Apr 23, 2007
Spring, Texas is an unincorporated 'bedroom' community on the north and northwest side of Houston/Harris County. You won't find us on most maps and there's no Mayor or City Council for Spring. But it is truly an outstanding place to call home. We have all the amenities you'd want - great schools, great parks, great residential areas, and REALLY great real-estate prices (compared to the rest of the country)! I've lived here 30+ years and have raised a family here. Whatever you're looking for in a first-class residential community, we have it all!
Paula Anders…, Agent, City, WA
Mon Apr 23, 2007
Spring is a suburban neighborhood in Northwest Houston, Texas. For the most part, this is an area of lovely trees. Many of the neighborhoods are located in a former forest that is now part of the Great Northwest. Most homes are single family dwellings primalily brick with a small amount of siding on the back and perhaps the upper sides of two story homes. A few stucco homes and cement board homes are also available. The local school systems are the primary difference in neighborhood pricing with the homes in the better school districts being more expensive.