Can't find my property deed. Where can I get a copy?

Asked by Kathleen, Hopewell Junction, NY Thu Jun 19, 2008

Answers

10
Michael Craig, Renter, Mineola, NY
Tue Jan 1, 2013
For each County in each state it differs how you can obtain your property deed. In Most Cases the cheapest way is to go to the County or City Clerks building and Pay for your land records. The more expensive way that will save time and cost a fortune is to pay a lawyer, of Title Insurance & Abstract Company. Note: This will Cost Hundreds. What County & State is your property located? I have many connections nationally , I may be able to put you in touch with someone who can help.

To order a copy of your property deed in Nassau County, & The 5 Boroughs of N.Y.C. there is a new service listed below.

Order your deed from home w/out going to the county clerks building. I used http://www.Needmydeed.com
and I received my deed just hours after ordering. They have a beat any price guarantee & 24 hour return time. It Costs about 20$ which is a fraction of prices from Law Firms, Fastdeeds & Title companies!
Web Reference:  http://needmydeed.com
Islip, NY
Flag Wed May 14, 2014
I am in Ohio trying to purchase a home. The title company said they aren't sure where the deed is at within the sheriff's department and they are 4 months behind. Is there any way to close on a home purchase w/out the deed?
Flag Fri Mar 28, 2014
Georgi, Both Buyer And Seller, California City, CA
Sat Jul 10, 2010
I tried getting a copy of my deed at the county courthouse but it turned out to be a real bureaucratic hassle. I finally ordered one one line from http://www.getincnow.com/Property-Deed-Online.php . The staff was very helpful and I got a copy of my deed the next day. I would use their service again if the need arose.
Greentekfirst, Both Buyer And Seller, Dover, DE
Tue Nov 22, 2016
How to get a copy of a deed online?

Several online title search companies researched found on the internet, offer deed images available for all states and counties within the United states that include:

State

ALABAMA AL
ALASKA AK
ARIZONA AZ
ARKANSAS AR
CALIFORNIA CA
COLORADO CO
CONNECTICUT CT
DELAWARE DE
FLORIDA FL
GEORGIA GA
HAWAII HI
IDAHO ID
ILLINOIS IL
INDIANA IN
IOWA IA
KANSAS KS
KENTUCKY KY
LOUISIANA LA
MAINE ME
MARYLAND MD
MASSACHUSETTS MA
MICHIGAN MI
MINNESOTA MN
MISSISSIPPI MS
MISSOURI MO
MONTANA MT
NEBRASKA NE
NEVADA NV
NEW HAMPSHIRE NH
NEW JERSEY NJ
NEW MEXICO NM
NEW YORK NY
NORTH CAROLINA NC
NORTH DAKOTA ND
OHIO OH
OKLAHOMA OK
OREGON OR
PENNSYLVANIA PA
RHODE ISLAND RI
SOUTH CAROLINA SC
SOUTH DAKOTA SD
TENNESSEE TN
TEXAS TX
UTAH UT
VERMONT VT
VIRGINIA VA
WASHINGTON WA
WEST VIRGINIA WV
WISCONSIN WI
WYOMING WY

US TERRITORIES

GUAM GU
PUERTO RICO PR
VIRGIN ISLANDS VI
Mon Nov 14, 2016
A popular misconception is that you need to use an attorney or an abstractor to obtain a copy of a property deed. In many states you can walk in to your county recorder's office and obtain a copy of the deed for a small fee. In some states you can obtain the deed image online through an online title search company or local title company.

There are several web sites that offer access to all us county title plants for title, lien and deed records, for instance US Title Records, an online title search company..

Link: https://www.ustitlerecords.com
Blessed0810, Home Buyer, New York, NY
Sun Sep 18, 2016
I cannot find my property deed and am in Phoenix, AZ, any suggestions?
Carol Oney, Home Buyer, Hays, NC
Mon May 25, 2015
Need a copy of the deed to my property
Sharon Felton, Agent, Nashville, TN
Wed May 14, 2014
Visit your county's Register of Deeds office. They should be able to assist you.
Lynne Wallach, Home Buyer, New York, NY
Wed May 14, 2014
I need to get a deed of a property that is not owned by myself. I need it for legal purposes
Amanda, Home Owner, South Carolina
Wed Nov 23, 2011
i just checked that link i can't pay anything to get a copy i hadn't worked in almost 3 years and the problem is i am half owner to my home and my father is the other owner but never lived here. I have a chance to help us out by tryin to sale the home i lived in from time it was set on the land. by half the money from a sale i can move where there is a job offer waiting on me and he can go to the assisted living home he wants to move to. Now he lives in a condo he owns as well. Then tells me he will never give me my half dew to me that he is keeping it all and don't care if i get put on the streets where we live at. i need that money so i can pay my way to move and settle in somewhere and start workin in another state he acts like he don't care what can i do to wake him up and smell the coffee that the laws don't work that way and he has also threaten to wipe my name off ownership and he can't do that without my signing papers that i give it up and i refuse to do that so i can get what i need to move can someone help me figure this out and i get a copy of the deed to my home for 100% free?
Bob Melvin, Agent, Boca Grande, FL
Thu Jun 19, 2008
If you are in Dutchess County, you can search on the county clerks website...

I included the link below... Good luck...