Can someone tell me about Estrella Mountain Ranch? I really like the area, but don't know if it's wise to purchase on the outskirts of town.

Asked by Laura, Prescott, AZ Mon Feb 7, 2011

Answers

4
Michelle Spa…, Agent, Glendale, AZ
Tue Jul 3, 2012
I think many of the other answers hit the nail on the head, but Dane in particular focused in on the main concern. We live near Vistancia in North Peoria, another fantastic community that many consider to be too far on the outskirts of town, and yet plenty of people live there. Many factors should come in to play to answer that for yourself personally. Do you need to commute to work each day? Are you the kind of person or family that likes to be near a plethora of restaurant and shopping choices? Or does the overwhelming beauty and amenities offered by these communities and the value, or in other words, how much home you can buy for your money, outweigh the inconveniences.

As Dane also mentioned….short term re-salability is a consideration. Homes will tend to sit on the market a bit longer than those that are more centrally located. If you plan on being there awhile, then that may not be a concern for you.

Aside from all that, Estrella Mountain is full of natural beauty, and is in my opinion, one of the top Master Planned communities in the valley. Warm wishes in finding what you are looking for!
- Dane Micke…, , Prescott, AZ
Mon Feb 7, 2011
That area is very nice, the golf course is one of the nicest public courses in the area. It also has two lakes that are stocked with fish. They have homes prices that vary from the low 200's to the 500,000 range.

As for your question about living on the outskirt of town, you need to look at what amenities are close to that location. How much driving are you going to have to do from living out there? If most of the everyday requirements are close then you will prob be happy with your choice. It also depends on how long you plan to live in that house. If you are going to sell quickly you need to think about the location in terms of what the masses would think, i.e. is it really to far for the average person to drive? If you are going to live in it for a while then just make sure you will be happy in it, it will not be the outskirts forever....

Hope this helps, good luck in your home search.
Dan Mullarkey, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Tue Jul 3, 2012
Estrella is one of the premier master planned communities, and is actually a bit closer in than some of the other "fringe" communities...highly recommend it!
Linda Veen, , Peoria, AZ
Tue Jul 3, 2012
By personal experience I lived in Estrella Mountain Ranch for nearly 10 years, having moved to north Peoria for family reasons.

The Estrella Mountain Ranch area is beautiful and peaceful. A strip mall opened right at the entrance to the "Ranch" a year and a half ago which made living there MUCH more convenient. Starpointe has everything you could ever ask for: all types of exercise equipment as well as a lap pool AND on-site babysitting; area where kids can play video games, air hockey and more and is SUPERVISED by an adult at all times; a resort-type swimming pool including children's water area and slides; a small restaurant; and a Jack Nicklaus golf course and restaurant.

The only real inconvenience was the 15 minute drive to reach I-10 and the lack of close shopping prior to the strip mall being built at the top of the hill.

If you have any questions at all about Estrella Mountain Ranch I would be happy to answer them for you.