General Area in Framingham>Question Details

Joe Roque, Home Buyer in Albany County, NY

Can anyone tell me if the fay road, framingham, ma area is good? Can the train traffic be heard and very noise? My friend in Natick told me that you

Asked by Joe Roque, Albany County, NY Thu Feb 17, 2011

can hear the trains away from half of mile away. Please help

Answers

8
I have trains in my backyard here in Natick and you get used to it. They don't blow their horns all the time and you at night they don't blow them until before sunrise if that. My uncle used to live on Fazy Rd and I never knew him to complain about trains. Trust me you get used to them. Would be worse living near Hospital with ambulance sirens!
It might be loud the closer you get to Waverly but only a faint sound a little further away (so faint you may get used to it after awhile and not even notice it).

Here is everything on the market in Framingham with a map to show you proximity to the train. Zoom in as much a you'd like on the map and all the listings will still show:
http://www.territoryre.com/idx/search.html?search=true&s…
Web Reference: http://territory.com
A ot also depends on your perception of noise, and where you used to live before, how much traffic did you hear, so it's all individual. As others pointed out, you don't hear much (if at all) inside the home, especially if it has newer windows, they do create a wonderful barrier. You will hear more when outside. But, trains don't run very often, (about once per hour).
All areas are good. It all depends on what you are considering buying there, at what price, how close it is to 135 and how sensitive you are to noises in general. You can hear traffic noises all over Framingham. Framingham is great for commuters . we have main roads and 2 pike exits criss crossng it. i live here. love it here and sell homes in the community for 25 years.
Fay Road is an older community with mix of ages and generations, which is very healthy when making friends in teh community and when selling . It offers a nice veriety of home styles and is very reasonably priced. Feel free to call if we can offer you more specific advice. good luck. Lisa Zemack
Fay Road is a great location. Depending on how far down you are will depend on that answer, however I would say that you would not hear the train inside the home. I went to elementary school on fay rd. The school was torn down sadly tears ago but there is a nice park there now. I have a client who moved there last year and she is very happy! I have been a Framingham area Realtor for 19 years if you need assistance.
Hi Joe,

Fay Road is great for the average commuter, sitting only a short drive from Rt. 9, Rt. 126, the Pike and within 20 minutes of I-495 and I-95. You'll also find a diverse mix of individuals, from the empty nester to the new homeowner to college students in the neighborhood. There is a nice park and playground nearby, and it is also close to a local elementary school, the local hockey arena and the Framingham Little League complex, in addition to Farm Pond and the Bracket Reservoir. That being said, you will more than likely be able to hear the trains from that location. I grew up in the neighborhood and lived just across the reservoir, where we can still hear the trains occasionally.

Good luck with your search and feel free to contact me with any questions!

Eric Rollo
Roots Real Estate
Web Reference: http://www.gorootsre.com
Depends how far down on Fay Road. The trains do go by regularly and if it is close to the rt 135 end you have to be able to hear them well. My advise is to check the train schedule and spend some time down there to see what your tolerence level is. Even if you can hear them, it may not bother you. Everyone is different.
Don't rely on opinions as oftentimes they are subjective--rather, visit the area more than once and at different times of day, see and hear all firsthand--also check the frequency of train traffic, and if possible be in the area when a few are scheduled to pass by.