Can I recapture the East Side of Milwaukee anywhere near Downers Grove, IL?

Asked by Widefoot, Downers Grove, IL Tue Jul 24, 2012

I'm looking for a small apartment near Downers Grove. I'm going to be moving from Milwaukee's East Side, where I enjoy a safe community with numerous community events, healthy restaurants, interesting shops, bike trails, parks, and coffee shops all within walking distance of fairly inexpensive housing. I’m hoping that there is something similar near Downers Grove, but I don’t know the area well. From what little I’ve seen, there seems to be a lot of driving and strip malls. Where should I look to avoid using my car, but not have very high rent?

Answers

1
Adfr, Renter, Downers Grove, IL
Wed Jul 25, 2012
No, I am from the mother land (WI) and nothing here compares to the east side...sorry :(
The more I look at the area and the kinds of renting spaces I can get on my budget, the more I am inclined to agree with you. I was hoping for a short commute, but perhaps I can find something agreeable further west. C’est la vie..
Flag Wed Jul 25, 2012