Buyer's Agent needed.

Asked by Mark, 17401 Thu Feb 10, 2011

This is getting silly. I am simply looking for a buyer's agent who can assist with me in finding properties in Miami Beach (no just specialized areas). I have tried all the contact me via website, blah blah blah but have inconsistently been able to find a buyer's agent.

One other item of notice is that I am deaf so I will not talk to you on the phone simply because I can't hear you over the phone. You may email me. I certainly will be responding. I will be visiting Miami Beach in two weeks so all buyer's agent, if you know your condos, short sales, rental properties, contact me.

Answers

10
Alistair Bar…, Agent, Fruitland Park, FL
Mon Jan 9, 2012
Hi Mark,

I just wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you were helped with your search.

Alistair

Alistair Powell
ONE Sotheby's International Realty
305.815.0880
alistair.powell@sothebysrealty.com
Alma Kee, Agent, Tampa, FL
Mon Feb 28, 2011
Hi Mark,

What's your price range? It may explain the lack of enthusiasm if you're looking under $75k, as there may not sufficient commission for an agent to compensate for the lengthy process of actually closing a sale today. Agents do not get paid until a sale closes and if you're including Short Sales in your search the agent may have to continue to show you properties for several months (probably 6 months) before you will get an approval for a short sale. Also Short Sales are very stressful because by the time the sale is approved, the property may have been long abandoned and stripped of appliances, light fixtures, window treatments and without electricity so you may also have a mold problem to remediate. Just make sure you factor in the worst case scenario (even if the contract says the appliances and light fixtures will stay you may have difficulty enforcing the details of the contract with a Seller who doesn't receive any cash at closing) so your sale price should be low enough to repair a possibly significantly damaged property.

Alma

PS You may want to offer a "bonus" out of your pocket to allow an agent to work with you if you need to buy a lower priced property.
Luis E. Loza…, Agent, Weston, FL
Mon Feb 28, 2011
please send me the email

luislozada@loyeen.com
Mott Marvin…, Agent, Sunny Isles Beach, FL
Thu Feb 17, 2011
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?search=&answerCategory=my…

Hi Mark:

I am a certified buyers agent and also, coincidentally... MIAMI BEACH REAL ESTATE GUY.

I need to work with a very specific grid of specifications- in order determine the proper mode of engagement. rent, Buy, Sell, REO, Foreclosure, Owner Financing, Short Term Rental, Yada, Yada...

♒WATERWAY REALTY, REALTORS®♒

http://goo.gl/JUl3W
Mark, Home Buyer, 17401
Sun Feb 13, 2011
I agree that it is a little hmm dubious (?) that the process of using an agent in Florida is different than anywhere else. It just amazes me with all this hmm technology we have come across, it is still hard to get a concrete agent to work with.

After all, one would think an agent wants to make some income representing a buyer, right?

Last time I looked (a few minutes ago) sales were up a little but no great shakes. And one would think with little to no financing, someone would be interested in representing a quick sale in exchange for a quick commission instead of the usual drag it out 30 60 day sales.

I have contacted Marc's site and am currently waiting on a reply. (Maybe it is the weekend. :) )

I will be in Miami Beach on February 28th and be chronicling my experience for others. Hopefully I can provide someone with a buyer's experience to Miami Beach to make things easier in the future.

Keep your comments coming.
John Walin, Agent, Libertyville, IL
Sun Feb 13, 2011
Pamala
Thanks for the reply, and Mark, Marc might be a good candidate to work with. I was keeping an eye on bank owned REO's in miami beach. Specifically Normandy Isle down to south beach, east of the bay. It is surprising to me that FL agents don't like talking about agency and are not defending the wonderful practice of transactional brokerage. At least in dual agency it must be disclosed and participants get some level of representation. Usually though designated agency, one agent working for the interest of the seller and against the interest of the buyer, and correspondingly, one agent working to advance the buyer agenda at the expense of the seller is the way to go! A real estate transaction is naturally adversarial and it is like using the same attorney in a hostile divorce situation. Oops, got on my stump again...
Pam Bava, Agent, Rochester, MI
Fri Feb 11, 2011
@John, where are you looking to purchase a home in Florida? I am licensed on both Florida and Michigan and you are correct that in Florida most agents work as a Transaction Broker. Also Dual Agency is not allowed in Florida and is in Michigan.

Marc, you might want to take Marc up on helping you find a property in Miami. He works as a buyers agent. You probably are very confused right now but get your questions asked no matter who you work with.

Pam
Web Reference:  http://www.realteellc.com
Marc Knight, Agent, Miami, FL
Fri Feb 11, 2011
Mark,

I work as a buyers agent in Miami Beach and would be happy to help you. Feel free to browse our website, view properties, and learn more about how we can assist you. http://www.miamicondoshop.com/buyer-information

And yes, we will respond when contacted!

Marc
John Walin, Agent, Libertyville, IL
Fri Feb 11, 2011
Mark
I am a licensed Realtor in Illinois, looking to buy in FL too and let me share with you my observation. I noticed you don't live in florida, 17110? But good luck finding an agent that will want to have you sign a buyer brokerage agreement. Maybe buyers think this great that they don't have to sign something to look at houses, but in fact you waive your right to fiduciary counsel under the concept of agency law. So you don't get negotiation strategy assistance or counter-offer advice once you find a place you like. You see, in FLA they practice presumed transactional brokerage, no one talks about it and I thought it wierd that agents down there dont emcourage signed buyer agency brokerage. Transactional brokerage means that each agent works for the transaction, and as an out of area buyer they do not rise to the level of full fiduciary care I use in the state of Illinois. Worst part, IMHO is that the FL transactional law is presumed and there is not a required disclosure about about agency, who they are working for, what they can or cannot do for you in helping you write up an offer or devise a counter offer strategy. So just because someone is friendly and nice, don't think they place your interests ahead of their own, ( full agency law) confidential forever and due care provisions.
My suggestion is to insist on buyer agency and offer to sign a buyer broker agreement, most agents will say no because it is a liability dodge. IN FL they do not focus on each party of the transaction being represented, however you do have the right to use a designated buyer agent if you can find one.
Alma Kee, Agent, Tampa, FL
Thu Feb 10, 2011
Hi Mark,

Select an agent (Endorsed Local Provider) from http://www.DaveRamsey.com.

Hope this helps.

Alma