Born and raised in LA do you think I would like to live in Palmdale or Lancaster.

Asked by Patricia Mack, Palmdale, CA Thu Aug 16, 2012

Answers

5
Littlecharit…, Home Owner, Palmdale, CA
Sun Aug 26, 2012
Patricia - I moved to Palmdale in 1997. At first, it felt like we lived away from the hustle and buslte, in the middle of nowhere. Now, it feels like a retreat. You have the flexibility to drive to LA and partake in all the many events such as the Greek and LA Forum. You also have the flexiblity to drive to Vegas and Mammouth too. I like to think of Palmdale as a city being situated in the middle of everything now. And when I come home, it is a quiet place that is not soo hectic or congested. It is indeed a bedroom community for the LA area but is much more affordable, a little more quiet (to include night life if you are single), and honestly, I like the dry heat and crisp winters. It even snows in Palmdale on occassion and is a fun time for the kids. One thing that was not mentioned in some of the previous posts - the sun shines nearly every day of the year - no overcast, clouds, and smog. Palmdale is also part of LA county so technically, you would still be living in "LA".
Hello, I have been looking for a place in this neighborhood and happen to come across your comment about your house on Redington being for sale. I am very interested in your property, and would like to talk with you about it more. My email is schusterinc@hotmail.com and I am looking to find something right away. I appreciate your time and hope you will email me back. Thanks you Twila Schuster
Flag Wed Sep 12, 2012
Johnny James, Agent, Carson, CA
Wed Aug 22, 2012
I was born and raised in LA and I have lived in Palmdale/Lancaster for 8 years. There are pluses and

minuses but in the beginning you will go back to LA every weekend after a while you will be tired of all

the driving so you will make the trip less often. I miss my friends and I miss some of the activities that

I was able to participate in being in the LA area. I also miss a lot of my favorite restaurants, parks, and

beaches. You will meet a lot of people here from LA but no matter you will be homesick. You might

like the cheaper housing but the cold winters and hot summers will mean higher utilities and if you

keep going to LA visiting your transportation costs will add up as well. As you can see even though

I am a Real Estate Broker I am not just saying it is wonderful let me sell you a house, I am giving

you my personal observations as to what I have experienced personally.

Good Luck
Katrina Roth, Agent, Valencia, CA
Sun Aug 19, 2012
Hi Patricia!

I love this question and I think the other two agents addressed it very well. In my personal and professional opinion, it's all depends on your lifestyle right now, your ability to adapt to new surroundings and finding an agent who can help you uncover everything you're looking for in order to make this transition work best to your advantage.

When I moved to the Antelope Valley from Burbank eight years ago, I had assumed that the desert was a boring place filled with joshua trees and tumbleweed.. I mean, I pictured it to be something straight out of those old western movies where the towns are small and the excitement was only a mile long. I can tell you that I had it all wrong! Every major metro area has something unique to offer and the Antelope Valley has grown so much over the last 10 years. Developers are building beautiful new energy efficient homes for a fraction of what you would spend in L.A. Young families are moving here to get away from all the noise, the social scene is blossoming with major retailer and fine dining... It's great place to consider for your next move.

I personally love the laid back environment. I know all of my neighbors and most people that move here from other cities love that they get a lot more house for the money! There's much to appreciate about not having to deal with rush hour traffic and when I need to head back into L.A., I know I can jump on the 14 freeway and arrive at the 5 fwy, 210 fwy, 405 fwy or 118 fwy within 30-45 minutes.

Patricia, the best way to determine if Palmdale or Lancaster is right for you is to visit the city for the weekend. I would be happy to give you a tour of the different areas that might interest you based on your needs. As a local agent, I would truly love the opportunity to earn your business and referrals.

Please don't hesitate to contact me about buying a home anywhere in Southern California.

Best wishes & Good luck!

KATRINA ROTH, CDPE, REALTOR®
"Certified Short Sale & Probate Estate Specialist"
Keller Williams VIP Properties
25124 Springfield Court, Suite 100
Valencia, CA 91355
Office 661.290.3700
Direct 661.208.1855
Fax 661.291.1463
SantaClaritaValleyEstates@gmail.com
http://www.KatrinaRoth.com
DRE#01862396
Michael Jerry, , Palmdale, CA
Thu Aug 16, 2012
Patricia,

It will take some getting used to because LA is so turned up. I also come from the Los Angeles area and once per month we have LA day! We go to Roscoes, the Beverly Center and take a ride down Crenshaw. After that we are happy to come back to the slowness of Palmdale.
Tamara Stoebe, Agent, Lancaster, CA
Thu Aug 16, 2012
Patricia Mack,

What are your FAVORITE things about LA? What are your least favorite things? If traffic is high on your list of least favorite then you'll love the Antelope Valley - if you like fancy restaurants and star watching (people stars) then you may find yourself bored with the AV.

The best thing is your only 45-60 minutes from Hollywood (always depending on traffic) and you can drive or take the Metrolink ~ whichever you prefer.

We are quite a nice community with lots of restaurants, a mall, minor league baseball team, movie theaters and so much more!

I hope I can assist you if you decide to buy in the AV.

Tamara Stoebe
Tamara Stoebe, REALTOR, GRI, e-PRO, CHS, QSC
DRE License #01827461
Prudential Troth REALTORS
1801 W. Ave. K
Lancaster, CA 93534
Cell: (661) 466-6849
Fax: (661) 422-3006
E-mail: Tamara@TamaraStoebe.com
Website: http://www.TamaraStoebe.com