B"H Is there rent demand for rental properties in Houston TX.I mean does if it worth to buy an investment property there?Thanks

Asked by Alex S., Mapleton, Brooklyn, NY Wed Mar 21, 2012

Answers

13
Richard- El…, Other Pro, Augusta, GA
Mon Oct 14, 2013
Foreign National Loans

Borrowers using TIN Okay
Borrowers with NO CREDIT SCORE
Borrowers with NO SSN
Foreign Nationals {Expatriate}- NO PASSPORT {Must have valid work visa or 30% Down}
70% LTV Purchases
65% LTV Rate & Term Refinance
50% LTV Cash Out {Possible higher if financials are up to par}
Multiple properties OKAY
Corporation purchasing and refinancing OKAY

Richard- El Bey
Avarice Investments
(706) 399-7813 cell
(678) 752-8062 Office
thegocp@gmail.com
Rick Rogers,…, Agent, Houston, TX
Thu Aug 16, 2012
I have several successful investors who I represent and there is no doubt that there is plenty of demand for quality rentals especially in the areas served by the best and most popular school districts including but not limited to Katy ISD, Conroe ISD (Woodlands), Clear Creek ISD, Cypress-Fairbanks ISD, etc. Give me a call at (713) 703-5977 to discuss the best options and our successful financial model for you to follow and guide you to the best homes to purchase for investment.
Margie Johns…, Agent, Cypress, TX
Sun Mar 25, 2012
There are a lot of factors that have come into the picture creating a very strong lease market. To mention a few; the ecconomy, transient nature of employment opportunities, the surge of young proffessionals just starting their careers but not quite ready to purchase a home, the unfortunate individuals that have lost thier homes to foreclosure, have jobs but aren't eligible for loans, Houston's job market is drawing people from across the nation, this list goes on. It is my belief that the lease market is growing and will remain strong. Call me if you would like to discuss this in further detail. 281-798-4100
Web Reference:  http://margie.garygreene.com
Chris Brouss…, Agent, Cypress, TX
Thu Mar 22, 2012
Yes, your return depends on on "how well" you can purchase a property and which price-point you go after. There is still ample inventory of foreclosures. I've seen straight cap rates anywhere from 5-8% and higher ... excluding up-front equity at the time of purchase (8% to 15% to 20%) or property appreciation over time.

Generally speaking, higher priced homes will give you less of a return. For example: rental inventory in the Champions area is about 10 days for homes that rent from $800 to $899. Other lower rental ranges are around 30 days of inventory. There is more activity in the $1200-1300 range, etc. If you are renting at $1800 and higher, there is over two months of inventory (for homes without pools) and about 4 months (for homes with pools) in the Champions area. With a good grasp of the market, you should be able to beat the averages. And be cautions of certain areas.

I have rental analysis if you'd like to see a serious overview of the investor rental market. If you're seriously considering investing, let me know and I can share.
Diane Sanders, Agent, Houston, TX
Thu Mar 22, 2012
5 offers in 2 days on one of my personal rentals at $1000; 4 offers in 10 days on a client's $1850 rental...absolutely! diane@soldmany.com
David Tansey, Agent, Houston, TX
Thu Mar 22, 2012
I am seeing monthly rents of 1%+ of market value of homes in my favorite market. You can occasionally buy homes with deferred maintenance well below market. You can significantly effect the rent with updating.
Kathleen Ham…, , Houston, TX
Thu Mar 22, 2012
Good Morning, Alex !

You sound like a first time investor. Houston is a growing area and there are properties available. You should have a Realtor to assist you so you can manuever more safely through the processes. Call me and let's introduce ourselves. Then we can comfortably visit about your expectations and the necessary plans to reach your goals.

Looking forward to assisting you. I see no reason for you to delay. Call me to day and let's get started. Kathleen (281) 799-4002
Jane Lindsey, Agent, Houston, TX
Wed Mar 21, 2012
Yes. When housing prices are low, rents are high. And, Texas is a good state for landlords.
Web Reference:  http://HAR.com/jlindsey
Carolyn Wolfe, Agent, Houston, TX
Wed Mar 21, 2012
Rental investments are the best thing going for your portfolio. My investors have purchasing to lease instead of flip since the rents are rising with the influx of new people coming to Houston plus the banks more stringent lending practices.
You need to have a company in place to do your renovations and manage your properties in order to have them done right while you are living out of state.
Your next decision it to decide if you want mulitiple low rent properties or a handful of higher priced leases. Do work with a Realtor that knows the city and the different rental types.
Stephen Will…, Agent, Houston, TX
Wed Mar 21, 2012
Most defineately. We manage properties in the Houston area for investors all over the USA and also from Canada. The market in Houston has been pretty consistant through the recent challenging times in the Houston market. The Cap rate in most properties in Houston is in the region of 8-15% sometimes higher.
If you are interested please call me directly on 713 550 0096 to find out more about the Houston market.
Toke Ettehad…, Agent, Houston, TX
Wed Mar 21, 2012
I agree with both agents, our market is strong for investors seeking long term rental opportunities with a positive cash flow. Depending on the tolerance level; 5 -10% cap rate. My flippers have turned to leasing their properties. Toke
Brandon Jenk…, Agent, Sugar Land, TX
Wed Mar 21, 2012
Yes! Yes! YES! there is a strong demand for rental properties in Houston across many different property types. The key is picking the property and demographic that is best for you. Everybody has there own level of risk that they are comfortable with. Find yours and buy your property accordingly. For example in the Energy Corridor area in West Houston, you find higher priced rentals being lease by families and professionals, often foreign nationals which could mean signification profits depending on the home you property you purchase. Energy Corridor differs from an area like Fondren Southwest, which is a rougher area, yet has a very strong demand for quality rentals at a mid range prices. There is a lot to consider, but Houston definitely has the demand for rentals and a strond supplies of families to meet the demand.
Rosemarie Fu…, Agent, Pearland, TX
Wed Mar 21, 2012
Absolutely! The leasing industry appears to be live and doing well. I had two lease listings last month that leased within 2 days each!